Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Upload some or all passport pages for ILR application?  (Read 4073 times)

• Liked: 3
Upload some or all passport pages for ILR application?
« on: July 27, 2023, 07:12:23 PM »
When uploading a passport to Sopra Steria for an ILR application, do I need to scan each and every page no matter what? Or just the photo page? Or the photo page and stamped pages?

I have my current passport and two old passports to upload.

• Liked: 79
Re: Upload some or all passport pages for ILR application?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 01:07:22 AM »
When uploading a passport to Sopra Steria for an ILR application, do I need to scan each and every page no matter what? Or just the photo page? Or the photo page and stamped pages?

I have my current passport and two old passports to upload.

I believe u have to scan any passport you have held since living in the U.K. … I’ve scanned every single page from the front cover to the very back ..  to cover all my bases
US girl met UK guy
Met Husband at England Rugby World Cup Oct 2015
Got engaged in Germany in July 2017
Got married in Philadelphia Oct 2017
Applying for Spouse visa for the UK
Application paid December 17th 2017
Bometrics booked for Dec 22nd 2017
Package sent off to Sheffield Dec 23rd 2017(priority)
Package recieved In Sheffield Dec 27th 😬🤞🏻
Decision email sent Jan 17th 2018 😬😳🤞🏻🙏🙌🏼
VISA APPROVED Jan 22nd
Cambridge here I come !!!
Applied FLR(M)  Sept 9th 2020
App invite.       Sept 23rd 2020
Submit FLR(M)Oct 5th.   2020

• Liked: 427
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 04:31:32 PM »
Scan every single page

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 04:53:08 PM »
I received my approval e-mail today, after 10 full weeks of waiting.

Based on a friend's recent successful ILR experience, and my FLR(M) application experience, I chose to scan only those passport pages that had activity. I did not scan blank pages.

This is only my experience but I figured that if Home Office wanted more information, they would have asked me for those blank pages. They never did.

It doesn't hurt to scan every page but I decided that it was a minimal risk to submit only pages with activity since they have a record of my entries anyways.

It would be helpful for more people to share their experiences so that there is more data about this topic. It doesn't seem to be discussed much.

• Liked: 6114
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 07:34:36 PM »

Based on a friend's recent successful ILR experience, and my FLR(M) application experience, I chose to scan only those passport pages that had activity. I did not scan blank pages.

This is only my experience but I figured that if Home Office wanted more information, they would have asked me for those blank pages. They never did.

It doesn't hurt to scan every page but I decided that it was a minimal risk to submit only pages with activity since they have a record of my entries anyways.

It would be helpful for more people to share their experiences so that there is more data about this topic. It doesn't seem to be discussed much.

Congratulations!  [smiley=balloon.gif]

• Liked: 77
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2023, 07:45:06 AM »

When we did my ILR, I paid for them to scan the documents for me, and I'm fairly certain the worker scanned every page of the passport.  I can't be certain but she was scanning like mad lol.  And if I had been scanning myself, I would have done each page even if they were blank.  Yes the government has a record of it all anyway, but I would figure I'm already scanning a million other things, what's the harm in a couple more?  Especially if them having to request info would just delay the process.

Just my take on it anyway.  That's probably partially based on having a wife that worries about literally everything lol.
Applied from Sin City, USA
Submitted online priority spouse visa Nov 2nd
Biometrics appointment completed Nov 6th
Package mailed to Sheffield Nov 6th
Received in Sheffield & e-mail received Nov 8th
Decision e-mail received Dec 5th
Approved or denied?    Approved!  Received Dec 7th

• Liked: 6114
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2023, 08:42:03 AM »
For what it's worth, I'm of the opinion that when in doubt, absolutely go with the safer option.  It really doesn't hurt and it saves a world of worry while you're waiting for a decision.

I think the reason there is even a dilemma in the first place around some of these questions is that what they ask for can seem so unreasonable, for example printed/ stamped bank statements as opposed to just using an online PDF.  But if you get into the mindset that you will just give them *exactly* what they want and be done with it, it actually makes the process (psychologically anyway) a good bit easier.

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2023, 08:51:00 AM »
The paper version of the application forms and guidance for applications made in the UK (FLR, ILR etc.) always stated that every single page of every passport submitted must be scanned, including all blank pages - a declaration also had to be signed stating that every single page of the passport had been included.

From the April 2018 FLR(M) and July 2018 SET(M) paper application forms (the last ones published before they were moved online) (the only application options at that time were by post or an in-person priority appointment):

If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your sponsor’s valid passport, national identity card or travel document and any associated Biometric Residence Permit. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages

And from the sponsor's declaration section:

I understand that I can supply a photocopy of my entire valid passport, national identity card or travel document if this application is being sent by post only. Where I have provided a copy of my passport or travel document, I confirm that it is a complete and true copy of the entire original document, including blank pages, and I will be physically present in the UK at the time this application is submitted. I understand that checks to confirm my status will be made. I understand that I may be asked to submit my original passport or travel document and or other evidence of my status at any time.

However, since the application process went online, there has been no new published guidance that can be viewed without going through the entire online application... and as we have not been made aware of any official changes to the passport requirements, unless it is now explicitly stated in the online application that only the non-blank pages need to be scanned, we will continue to advise that all pages should be included - if only to be on the safe side, and to avoid being contacted by UKVI to ask for more information... which can delay the processing time of the application.

• Liked: 427
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2023, 09:26:58 PM »
That’s always assuming that they ask for more information instead of just denying the application. I certainly wasn’t willing to risk it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links