Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Citizenship documents upload  (Read 1153 times)

• Liked: 253
Citizenship documents upload
« on: June 29, 2024, 01:08:35 PM »
Hi all!

So I've finally, finally gotten all my stuff together, and I've paid for the citizenship! Now I'm in the process of uploading all my documents. Just a very quick question:

It says I need to upload proof of "proof of living in the UK for me or 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen". This is just my ILR confirmation correct? Like I don't need to upload loads of bills and stuff from the last five years showing that I've been living here like I did with my previous visa applications.

Edit:

Also tiny freak out, my husband's passport expired and he never renewed it. We're urgently renewing it now, and I'm going to move my appointment if needed. Is it okay to upload his previous passport, the copy of his birth certificate and then his new one onto the website as proof of his citizenship?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2024, 01:39:28 PM by solaire129 »
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• Liked: 427
Citizenship documents upload
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2024, 06:05:58 PM »
Hi all!

So I've finally, finally gotten all my stuff together, and I've paid for the citizenship! Now I'm in the process of uploading all my documents. Just a very quick question:

It says I need to upload proof of "proof of living in the UK for me or 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen". This is just my ILR confirmation correct? Like I don't need to upload loads of bills and stuff from the last five years showing that I've been living here like I did with my previous visa applications.

Edit:

Also tiny freak out, my husband's passport expired and he never renewed it. We're urgently renewing it now, and I'm going to move my appointment if needed. Is it okay to upload his previous passport, the copy of his birth certificate and then his new one onto the website as proof of his citizenship?
Hi! Your proof of living in the UK is your ILR and passport.
Yes you can upload your own husband’s old passport and birth certificate, the new passport if you have it in time. You already have the right to live here, so this is a minimal document upload! It’s truly as simple as it seems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 253
Re: Citizenship documents upload
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2024, 06:35:27 PM »
Hi! Your proof of living in the UK is your ILR and passport.
Yes you can upload your own husband’s old passport and birth certificate, the new passport if you have it in time. You already have the right to live here, so this is a minimal document upload! It’s truly as simple as it seems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See that's what I thought! I've been so burned by the stress of the visas that I second guess myself all the time now. Thank you for your help!

So I just need to upload my old passport (with my entry stamp on it), my current passport and my BRP and that should be chill for that 5-year thing.

And yeah that's what I figured for his citizenship. It's also a stress because he needs to do a DBS check renewal for his job so the passport needed to get sorted either way  ::) ;D I'm hoping it comes in time because I managed to get a free biometrics appointment, and I want to just get it all out of the way  in one go at the end of July
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab