Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Gamecube from US in UK  (Read 1004 times)

• Liked: 0
Gamecube from US in UK
« on: July 20, 2005, 02:59:12 AM »
Hi All,

I am going down the list of all the electrical things we are or are not bringing over and it suddenly dawned on me that I had no idea if my boys gamecube would work over there.

Has anyone brought one over?Is it as simple as buying a new power supply?

Will US games work on a UK system if I end up having to buy a UK model? I have noticed that some games seem to mention specifically being for PAL, which got me wondering about this.

Since the Gamecube is basically a computer I was surprised that the games themselves would be format specific as far as NTSC or PAL is concerned.

I have poked around on the nintendo website with no luck so I thought I might see if anyone has some real world experience on this.

Thanks,
R
"Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat" - T. Roosevelt, 1899

Re: Gamecube from US in UK
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 11:23:26 AM »
You can only use a U.S Game Cube on a U.S television. To use it here you would have to convert the power on both the game and the TV. The TV would not get any reception. U.S games only work on U.S Game Cubes.

jc

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 01:41:40 PM »
Nope, won't work with a british television. Your best option is to buy a multisystem TV to play the games on (and a transformer for the games console) or to bring over your american TV just for use with the GameCube.  You won't be able to buy UK games for the system - but you can order games from the states, often cheaper than buying new games in pounds.

Rosie
All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers. ~François Fénelon

• Banned

• Big black panther stalking through the jungle!
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 12:58:31 PM »
Many TV sets on the British market will now accept NTSC video signals on their AV inputs.  If the game unit has a direct NTSC video output, it should work fine on such a set (you'd need to take care of the 120/240V power difference, of course).

If you have only an RF output though (connected to the antenna input of TV then select channel 3 or 4 typically), then you're out of luck.
From
Bar
To car
To
Gates ajar
Burma Shave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dreaming of one who truly is La plus belle pour aller danser.

Sponsored Links