Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Nerves starting as Interview gets closer!!  (Read 446 times)

• Wedding Treasures
  • Liked: 0
Nerves starting as Interview gets closer!!
« on: June 05, 2005, 09:15:51 AM »
Interview for hubby is now only 2 days away (Tuesday) and all those thoughts are going through our heads    :-\\\\

Will the embassy be happy with the fact that we only have approx $5000?  We do have a lease for a house that starts end of June and a job offer letter for hubby once he gets his visa.  We also have a policy that matures in Aug for approx 19000 UKP - but its the lack of money that we have at this moment that is the big worry for us. 

I have a letter from a temping agency that I used to use - it was given to me when I last used them (last year) and states that I am to get back in touch with them on my return to UK for temp or permanent work.  I am a secretary by trade and have never had any difficulty getting work so I'm not worried on that score.  I'm the UKC by the way  ;D

I have a sworn statement from my friend (that we are living with at the moment) that we live as a 'married' couple, but only one photo of us together taken at Christmas.

We are a <mature> couple (I'm 53 and hubby is 47), lol and if they want proof that we are actually married (for 14 months now) and live together as man and wife, we can always do a stand up row in front of them LOL !!

It's too late now to get any written letters from my children in UK, but would e-mails be okay?  My eldest daughter was at our wedding but no photo's from there - it was all a bit hectic etc etc.  We got married at Niagara Falls (US side) and she was on holiday in Canada and came across for the day.

Have I really got anything to worry about going on my fears above???

Pauline :)

• Liked: 8
Re: Nerves starting as Interview gets closer!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 11:25:58 AM »
You have nothing to worry about, so stop stressing!   ;)  It sounds like you have all of the documentation (more than is required, in fact!) in order.  The spousal visa is not a problem if you're in a legitimate relationship, you can support yourselves, and you have somewhere to live.  Sounds like you meet those requirements, so just relax and wait....you'll kick yourself for being so stressed about this -- I promise!   ;D

Best of luck!   :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab