Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Do I need to switch from FLR(M) to fiancé Visa?  (Read 477 times)

• Liked: 0
Do I need to switch from FLR(M) to fiancé Visa?
« on: December 05, 2005, 05:10:03 PM »
Hi All,

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I haven't found the answer by searching, and the IND web site has decided not to respond so...I currently have a FLR(M) Visa, unmarried partner (I am from the US, she is from the UK), received 26th Sept. '05, and have since gotten engaged.  We are getting married here in the UK next Sept. ('06).  Do I need to switch to a Fiancé visa w/in 6 months before the wedding?  I am guessing not, just that I need to apply for the Certificate of Approval?  Has anyone gotten one?  They are post-only, and I am curious how long they actually take, as we are off to Mexico for New Years.

And we live in London, but are getting married in Berkshire.  I tried phoning the local registers' office, but they knocked off quite early today.  I realise we have to apply in person at one of the 76 approved offices because of my US citizenship.  Can that be our local one (Hammersmith & Fulham)?  And I am assuming that I still phone the Berkshire office to book the date? 

I apologise if these have been answered, but any help would be very much appreciated.  Thanks!

Sam

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Do I need to switch from FLR(M) to fiancé Visa?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 05:19:48 PM »
Hi

You can switch from your UP visa straight to a spousal once you are married.

Victoria

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 06:32:06 PM »
Thanks for that. 

Has anyone gotten the COA, and if so, how long did it take from sending in the application to receiving it all (the letter plus the passports) back?

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 11:24:27 PM »

Sponsored Links