Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help with spousal visa  (Read 2463 times)

Re: Help with spousal visa
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006, 07:27:53 PM »
. The immigration officer has now informed us that he's putting this before his manager. Does anybody have any idea how they come up with their decisions? Or have we just  been unlucky with whose desk this has landed on?

Could be, and it could be that your overstay has tripped a wire with them in some way......who knows what they think, all you can do now is wait for their decision and then go from there. Either way, worrying about it at this stage until you get a definite answer and explanation is only serving to compound your stress levels.....you'll get answer soon I'm sure.....good luck.

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2006, 07:39:51 PM »
well the problem is that the immigration officer is in doubt for, whatever reason, about my husband taking on this job he was offered in the uk.  He applied for the job and wants to take it. The other thing is they say the sponsor is poor but she owns 2 properties and has substantial funds which she has proved to them. My husband has provided this officer with all of the relevant documents he requested but it seems as though he finds something else to pick a flaw in. I am at my wits end here and I don't know what else my husband needs to provide this officer with. It looks like my husband will get denied . Does anybody know about the appeal process and how long this is going to take?

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2006, 07:45:02 PM »
It looks like my husband will get denied . Does anybody know about the appeal process and how long this is going to take?

He has'nt been denied yet becca and IF he is then I'm sure there'll be a full explanation enclosed and instructions on appeal procedures.

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2006, 08:01:30 PM »
It looks like my husband will get denied . Does anybody know about the appeal process and how long this is going to take?

He hasn't been refused yet as I understand it.  If he does get refused, scan in the NOID and email it to me.  Or Victoria. 

• Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2006, 09:23:20 PM »
Somehat off topic, is someone owns two properties in the UK and is considered poor-

what does that make me??????
 ???

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2006, 10:07:54 PM »
Having just called the immigration guy in Chicago and asked him has he any news we have just been told no hes to busy to see the manager and suggests we call tomorrow, and maybe if he finds time he will see the manager to discuss our case. My husband is supossed to start work in the uk on 14th and we have flights reserved for the 8th. So as you can imagine we are living on our nerves. This guy knows our deadline. Does anybody know how we can get to speak to someone in the Chicago office who might be able to help us. We feel we are being treated badly.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2006, 05:57:46 PM »
Having property would not mean that your husband's auntie has an income which will support all three of you, whihc may be there problem.  They may also want to ensure that the documentation from her is genuine, and that the job offer is genuine.

Don't worry yet.  Wait and see what happens, and, as garry said, he or I can assist you if an appeal is required.

Fingers crossed that you won't need us.

Victoria

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2006, 08:13:15 PM »
Thanx for your advice... We tried calling the guy today and he doesnt even answer his phone... My husband is supossed to start work in the Uk on 14th Jan, we dont know weather to book flights home or not, and the longer we leave it the more expensive the flights become. This guy knows all this and yet when he does decide to talk all he says is... he will deal with it when he can... Tried getting someone else to deal with it and all we run up against is a brick wall.. Surley their must be somebody who regulates these people to stop them behaving like gods..

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2006, 08:37:28 PM »
Tried getting someone else to deal with it and all we run up against is a brick wall..

Not a good strategy.  It get the junior staff curious - which is bad, and also just draws attention to the fact that you've already purchased tickets - which is emphatically not advised; and Chicago only has 1 Vice Consul anyway, and she's probably chockablock.   

Surley their must be somebody who regulates these people to stop them behaving like gods..

If they are outside of their time limits, it's ok to complain; but if you submitted in early December they still have several weeks before they breach the required time limit, right?

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2006, 08:57:33 PM »
The worry that we have is the job that my husband has to go to. Jobs are quite difficult to find when your out of the country. We mailed of the documents on dec 6th, by fed x and he got them on the 7th. So how long can they keep us dangling like this?... Its not fair to treat people this way.  My husband desperately wants to take this job and earn his own money. As for funds my auntie has sent one of her bank statements with a substantial amount of money in it. And she clearly stated she would fund anything for us if we needed it. If thats not black and white I don't know what is.. She owns both propeties with no mortgage owed on them. She has the deeds and she sent them as well with her statement and letter of support. I have been with my husband for 3 yrs now and it looks like someone who doesnt even know me is about to try and ruin our lives... Im bitter at the moment because i have just found out that my son who is in the UK has collapsed and is in hospital with convulsions and at the moment is being seen by a neuroligist to find out why. I just want to go home with my husband and get back to my family. The other thing is i am out of status so if god forbid i have to leave to be with my son then i cant come back here and he wont be allowed to go to England with me... Im in tears right now i cant take anymore...

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2006, 10:58:23 AM »
I understand your predicament, and appreciate this must be terrible for you, but the only thing you can really do is be patient.  They are looking at the application, which means that something is being done, and the fact that it needs to be referred up, while delaying matters, at least means that it has not been refused.

When a relative is helping out financially, they usually like to see three months of bank statements, so you may want to prepare for this.

I hope everything works out, and that your son recovers.

Victoria

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2006, 06:58:25 PM »
Thank you for all the positive information that you have given me on this site..... My son is still in hospital... the doc is still trying to find out why hes had convulsions....... Oh and just thought id tell you before i go..... My husband got approved, we are on our way home... hoorayyyyyyyyyyy. Thanx once again to all of you... We will let you know how we get on when we get home next week........

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2006, 08:40:29 PM »
Congratulations Becca! :)

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2006, 12:39:25 PM »
Congratulations Becca!

Loads of get well wishes to your son.

All the best!

Sponsored Links