Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: which one should I use?????  (Read 544 times)

• Liked: 0
which one should I use?????
« on: January 06, 2006, 08:53:37 PM »
I'm a bit baffled now at what should I use to enter the UK: my EU passport or my US green card???  Which would be better?

I was born in Poland and have Polish passport, so I'm in the EU now.  But I also have US green card, that's where I've been living for good number of years.  I really don't know which one I should use when entering the UK.  I'll be buying one way ticket.  If I use my green card, from reading some of the stories here I'm expecting to be looked at funny and questioned quite a bit.  Won't it be easier if I use my EU passport?  But then again they'll see my US permanent adress... ugh.

Edit:  what a minute, when entering I'll have to show both anyway, won't I?  I'll be questioned anyway.  Arg, this is so confusing... :(
"Art in the blood is liable to take the strangest forms" - Sherlock Holmes

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
Re: which one should I use?????
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 08:55:49 PM »
Use your EU passport.  A green card doesn't function in the same way as a passport.  You shouldn't even be asked about a green card by UK immigration.
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 10:39:47 PM »
Definitely your EU passport!!

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 12:42:03 AM »
so then green card doesn't really matter, right?

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 12:48:59 AM »
so then green card doesn't really matter, right?

No, it doesn't, not for the UK- your passport is what counts.
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 05:13:36 AM »
fabulous, thank you!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab