Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Zyban  (Read 2225 times)

Re: Zyban
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 12:14:35 PM »
How old is Jackson? I'm planning on having my daughter be in a preschool while we are visiting home, but she needs her TB test done to enroll, does this mean she might need more than just that done? She's gonna be 5 next week and is up to date on all her UK shots.

Stella,
Prevenar is on the CDC schedule for routine paediatric immunisations in the US, so your daughter will probably need to be vaccinated against pneumoccocal, which is what Prevenar does.  However, kids over 2 get Pneumovax instead of Prevenar, which is for infants.  It may be just a one shot thing at her age.  Try looking at the CDC website at their catch up schedule.  Pneumovax is routinely given here to 'at risk' persons.  HTH.

• Liked: 0
Re: Zyban
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 10:11:37 PM »
How old is Jackson? I'm planning on having my daughter be in a preschool while we are visiting home, but she needs her TB test done to enroll, does this mean she might need more than just that done? She's gonna be 5 next week and is up to date on all her UK shots.

Jackson is 2, will be 3 in September.  I brought the UK shot records into his pediatrician, I was told his UK shots did not meet the federal requirements for entrance into a playschool/school type setting.  He needed 5 different sort of shots.  Also, for Jackson to begin a program here in TN, his shot record had to be put on a "official" form.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab