Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Social security through FBU timeline started  (Read 833 times)

• Liked: 4
Social security through FBU timeline started
« on: January 08, 2024, 12:36:05 PM »
Well, I was asking how long it was taking to get a reply from FBU and just got one. Just over a month with the holidays off isn't bad. Interview early next month.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 01:18:21 PM by Jetlag »
Often we do what makes sense even when it isn't any good.

Re: Social security through FBU timeline started
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 12:33:49 PM »
Interview went well. Nice lady at FBU. Expecting at least a two month wait for processing but had the option of back benefits from date of enquiry. It helps to have all of your recent employment details at hand. They asked everything on the checklist sent with the appointment so don't ignore that.

• Liked: 725
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2024, 03:24:18 PM »
This is good feedback, thanks for starting the thread.

I’ll be applying myself later this year.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2024, 02:14:35 PM »
Update for those who may be applying soon. It’s been four months since the interview and I’m still waiting. I’ve emailed the Fbu twice but didn’t get a reply.

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2024, 02:50:13 PM »
Update for those who may be applying soon. It’s been four months since the interview and I’m still waiting. I’ve emailed the Fbu twice but didn’t get a reply.

Do you have an online SS account?  My wife and I do and when it was taking so long for my wife’s application she logged on and could see that it was “in progress”. Eventually she called SS in the USA and talked with an agent who looked at her details and simply apologized for it taking so long but there was nothing amiss in her application. It just takes a very long time.

This is a thread I started detailing the process and timeline she experienced.

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2024, 03:48:09 PM »
Yes, thanks. My account has said it was being processed by the FBU and they would let me know if they needed anything for several months. Just wanted to keep the group updated as to how long it is taking this year.

Thanks for the tip on calling the US. I might try them this week. I can wait the initial 5 months but if something went wrong I would likely have to get a job as I couldn’t go a further 5 months.

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2024, 04:13:58 PM »
Yes, thanks. My account has said it was being processed by the FBU and they would let me know if they needed anything for several months. Just wanted to keep the group updated as to how long it is taking this year.

Thanks for the tip on calling the US. I might try them this week. I can wait the initial 5 months but if something went wrong I would likely have to get a job as I couldn’t go a further 5 months.

I think for sure it is the SSA, not the FBU, that process the application. The FBU hands over the processing once they complete the interview(s) and submit the application.

Fingers crossed…

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2024, 06:45:06 PM »
So I rang the US office today and waited about half an hour to get through. They told me they haven't received anything from the FBI yet.

It was too late to call them today so I will have to try during calling hours next week or else go to London to speak with someone. I'm running out of money fast now. If I work and it goes through I'll lose benefit for that month and be worse off in the long run.

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2024, 07:09:27 PM »
So I rang the US office today and waited about half an hour to get through. They told me they haven't received anything from the FBI yet.

It was too late to call them today so I will have to try during calling hours next week or else go to London to speak with someone. I'm running out of money fast now. If I work and it goes through I'll lose benefit for that month and be worse off in the long run.

Sorry to hear this, best of luck in getting some answers.

Sponsored Links