Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: From application date, how wide are the options for Biometrics appointments?  (Read 576 times)

• Liked: 0
If we submit our application online for the marriage visa, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that you are offered a choice of biometrics appointments at the end of the application process.

How wide is the choice?  ie.  If I applied now, would I be able to book a biometrics appointment at the start of November?  A lot of people here are mentioning very short waits, like within a week or so.  My concern comes from the fact that we both live in the UK right now and plan to marry infront of our families in New York.  If at all possible we want to have the biometrics appointment very close to the marriage so that we can get it all done as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your help.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
It varies from State to State.  NY is pretty quick I think.

vicky

Thanks.  I'm just trying to make sure that we can get a suitable appointment.  Anyone know how far into the future you can book?

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 847
Well you can only make the appointment once you've submitted the online application, so not too far in advance, don't know the timings on an application though off the top of my head
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

I just made biometrics appointment in Illinois, there was a choice of dates up to a month ahead, may be more, but I haven't tried selecting those, picked up the closest one. On a related note just to make sure, the system mentioned that my 4-year old daughter does not need biometrics, is it because of her age?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 05:07:55 PM by PapaGus »

• Banned

That's right.

Vicky

On the other side of this..... I'm applying in NYC and want to do my biometric ASAP. Anybody know if they can be done same day or next day?

• Banned

I filled in an on-line application for someone today, and I seem to recall appointments in Chigaco for this Friday on.  But everywhere is different...you will just have to complete the application and see what is available.

Vicky

• Myspace page
My friend did her online application on Saturday and they had biometric appointments open as early as this Wednesday, which was weird as Orlando is usually horribly slow (a relief though as we need to get the forms sent off before this Saturday). I think the busiest periods are June to September so it might be because of that though. I've heard that it's worth just walking in and trying to get one on the day also.

I'm in Boston and submitted my application online this afternoon (Thanks to Vicky for her help!) and my biometrics appointment is Thursday morning.

I needed to get mine ASAP, and Thursday was the first available day.  It appeared to give me at least a month of options to choose from, though.

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping there are a few places to choose from within a few hours drive of NYC that can do it in a day or so.

Sponsored Links