Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What to do once the app is on it's way  (Read 870 times)

• Liked: 0
What to do once the app is on it's way
« on: September 21, 2008, 08:24:36 PM »
The package is ready to be overnighted to the LA courier.  Once it gets there what should I do?  Wait by the phone? Not leave the house until I hear some news? Glue myself to the computer for an important email?  It's silly I know, but I'm afraid I'll dash to the store and that will be the time someone will call with some very important question.  More than likely I will stay home for days and the phone won't ring at all. 
Is there a smiley for a crazy looney woman?    :)

• Liked: 1
Re: What to do once the app is on it's way
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 08:35:54 PM »
LOL! You'll be fine.

I got a message on my cell phone to call the ECO back. She answered the phone directly on her end. It was actually very handy, because then I had her name and number if I ever had to reach her again!  ;)

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 04:00:55 AM »
I stayed by my phone and PC for days on end being even scared to use the bathroom without thinking that would be the ONE time my phone would ring. It wasn't until a friend "kidnapped" me for a shopping trip one afternoon that I saw an e-mail when I returned home. I somehow think if I would have stayed home again that day, it wouldn't have come.

My advice: carry on about your normal daily life and try not to obsess about checking e-mail/voicemail. It will only make you go insane and wonder if something is wrong. Paranoia will set in.

Good luck!  :)
23 Jan 06 - Met Online
17 Jul 07 - ENGAGED!!! :-D
30 Jun 08 - Applied for Fiance Visa
22 Jul 08 - Received Visa
01 Aug 08 - Arrived in UK!
01 Nov 08 - MARRIED!!!
03 Nov 08 - In-person FLR(M) - GRANTED!!

19 Dec 09 - 1st son born :)

02 Oct 10 - KOL Passed
26 Oct 10 - ILR app (posted Special Delivery)
27 Oct 10 - online tracking confirmed delivery
30 Oct 10 - Confirmation via post
15 Nov 10 - ILR granted/documents returned!!!

05 Nov 13 - 1st daughter born :)

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 05:10:39 AM »
The day I knew our app was being taken into the Consulate by the Courier I took off work.  I knew there was NO way that I could be at work.  I had put my cell phone for a contact but still.... I would have done no good at work.

However.. That morning DH and I went out for breakfast.  We came home and I started reading a book and he started playing on the XBox 360 and guess what..... I fell asleep! I think was drained from thinking about it non-stop.  It wasn't until around 6:30 my time (4:30 in LA) I called the Courier and they confirmed that they had picked it up and it was approved.   ;D  I still can't believe I feel asleep but honestly I was exhausted. lol

I had to pay to get mine to LA before 8:00am so it could be taken in that day it arrived.  When does your courier think they will actually take it in?
11 Aug 00 - Married (Living in US)
25 Jul 08 - Spousal Visa w/ KOL Stamp Approved
01 Oct 08 - Arrived in the UK
05 Mar 09 - ILR Approved (In Person Appointment ~ Liverpool Office)

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 06:34:50 AM »
When does your courier think they will actually take it in?
I'm not sure.  She said they only accept them in the morning so if I overnight it on Monday and it arrives at the courier on Tuesday then maybe it won't reach the embassy until Wednesday?   ???
I was thinking of visiting my daughter at college for a few days, maybe that would keep my mind occupied. 
Does anyone recommend USPS overnight service?  Or is FedEx a better choice?

And thanks again to all of you!!!   :)

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 07:10:24 AM »
hello

keep yourself busy, i guess.....emmm drink tea and have some biscuits and sometimes i banged my head against a wall, but that hurts, so it was a bad idea....don't do that one!

its just a waiting game really.

cheers x

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 02:39:24 PM »
I'm not sure.  She said they only accept them in the morning so if I overnight it on Monday and it arrives at the courier on Tuesday then maybe it won't reach the embassy until Wednesday?   ???

Yeah that will probably be the case.  The courier I used told me I had to overnight it with a guaranteed 8:00am delivery if I wanted it taken in that same day.  They have to get them over there no later than like 9:30-10:00 and if you just send it normal overnight it will be after 10:00am until it get to the courier so they would then take it in the next business day. 

I personally used FedEx as I find them much more reliable than UPS, but that is just my own opinion.  I also used FedEx because they were a bit cheaper for 'First Overnight' delivery when it came to sending mine off to the courier.

The waiting sucks but you are already taking control by using a courier.. could you imagine just mailing it off and having to do the waiting game not knowing?!?!  :o  There is no way I could have done that! lol
11 Aug 00 - Married (Living in US)
25 Jul 08 - Spousal Visa w/ KOL Stamp Approved
01 Oct 08 - Arrived in the UK
05 Mar 09 - ILR Approved (In Person Appointment ~ Liverpool Office)

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 03:09:25 PM »
could you imagine just mailing it off and having to do the waiting game not knowing?!?!
I would need to be sedated.    [smiley=sleeping2.gif]

• My Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 08:10:50 PM »

I used regular USPS to overnight my package and they worked fine for me. FedEx and UPS wanted something ridiculous like $40 to overnight and I did it flat rate with USPS for maybe $9 or $10. Up to you really, but you're already paying extra for the courier, so it depends if you want to cut expenses elsewhere.
23 Jan 06 - Met Online
17 Jul 07 - ENGAGED!!! :-D
30 Jun 08 - Applied for Fiance Visa
22 Jul 08 - Received Visa
01 Aug 08 - Arrived in UK!
01 Nov 08 - MARRIED!!!
03 Nov 08 - In-person FLR(M) - GRANTED!!

19 Dec 09 - 1st son born :)

02 Oct 10 - KOL Passed
26 Oct 10 - ILR app (posted Special Delivery)
27 Oct 10 - online tracking confirmed delivery
30 Oct 10 - Confirmation via post
15 Nov 10 - ILR granted/documents returned!!!

05 Nov 13 - 1st daughter born :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab