Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: BUNAC transition to Sponsored ?  (Read 422 times)

• Liked: 0
BUNAC transition to Sponsored ?
« on: October 03, 2008, 04:12:45 PM »

I'm trying to gather information both so that I am personally informed and that I can make sure that my employer is properly informed as well.

I'm currently in the UK on a BUNAC Blue Card.  I arrived on June 30th and my Blue Card expires on December 30th.

Within 2 weeks of arriving, I secured a job at a start-up technology company as an Information Architect.  During the last 3 months I have learned several propriety systems, created the framework for an extensive custom application tool, and have worked with designers and developers to create this.

My employer is interested in sponsoring me beyond my Blue Card if possible.

Upon an initial read of the Home Office website text on Tier2 sponsorship

You do not have to meet the resident labour market test if the migrant you want to sponsor has:

* permission to stay as a post-study worker under tier 1;
    * wants to switch in to tier 2;
    * been employed in the United Kingdom for a continuous period of at least six months with the same sponsor;
    * been working in the same job before they apply.

I believed that they would not have to conduct a 'resident labour market' because I am currently working in the same job that I will have after.  However, upon a second read I realize that all conditions need to apply from top to bottom, and I don't meet the first criteria.

I'm going to encourage the director to apply for the license to be eligible to sponros, so that we get that ball rolling.

So, are there special circumstances that apply to me because I'm here on a BUNAC Blue Card and seeking sponsorship from the company that is currently employing me?  While it can't be changed, is it a positive or negative factor that I'm currently on a BUNAC sponsorship?

With about 2 1/2 months before the end of my Blue Card, if things go smoothly and work in my favor, am I likely to be back in the US for an extensive amount of time between the end of my Blue Card and my ability to return as a Tier 2 Sponsored Migrant?

Thanks,

Re: BUNAC transition to Sponsored ?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 04:35:12 PM »
The time frames are reasonable on the sponsor license part.  I am following this process very closely, and 2 1/2 months sounds about right if the company wants to get an A rating for T2. 

The issue is that when your sponsor sees what the auditing process entails, plus having to create a new position for the Authorizing Officer, plus criminal liability for any breach going back to 2001, they could get cold feet.  That's why so few have applied http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=46104.msg649093#msg649093

Otherwise what you wrote is all fine.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab