Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where to start?  (Read 2924 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Where to start?
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2009, 01:58:36 AM »
If you are accepted onto a full-time course of study in the UK and can pay for your tuition and living expenses, then you can apply for a student visa. The visa will be valid for the duration of your course. You can then apply for the Post-Study Work visa, a category of Tier 1. It allows you to stay in the UK to look for full-time employment, but is not a path to settlement. You'll need to qualify for one of the other tiers of the points-based system in order to be able to stay longer.

UK Border Agency has specified the amount of maintenance funds you must have in order to be eligible for a visa: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/applyingafter-March/factsheets/studyingfulltimeasadult/. Your school must also be on the list of "licensed sponsors," which any legitimate college or university is on.

Bear in mind that international student fees are almost triple of what UK/EU students are charged. If you don't have substantial personal savings, you'll likely be looking at loans in the tens of thousands of dollars range, as international scholarships can be tough to come by.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous

"Everyone, just...pretend to be normal, okay?" - Little Miss Sunshine

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2009, 02:43:09 AM »
Well thats that... I guess the best thing I could do is find a compy that would bring me over .. but that might take awhile because of the econiomic situation here in the US.. Not impossible but not likely .. I guess I might just visit and get my feel that way but I would so like to live there ... /shrug what to do..  :\\\'(

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2009, 07:36:56 PM »
If you have already sent us your documents and any fee for a Tier 1 document check, please PM or e-mail me and I will arrange for a refund.

Vicky

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2009, 04:47:04 PM »
I didnt send any funds so its cool. I am still trying but you know how that goes =) World is a big place too bad we cant just choose where we want to settle down.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab