Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK child passport  (Read 697 times)

• Liked: 0
UK child passport
« on: April 13, 2009, 03:29:44 PM »
Hi this is my first post here and sorry if this has been answered before.
My son was born in the US and I was wanting to get him a UK passport, we currently live in the US.
I know we cannot do an online application, Is there anyway of doing it without having to go visit IPS in person in england? Could I go to the nearest embassy and apply?
Thanks for any help

Re: UK child passport
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 03:31:59 PM »
UK Embassy & Consulate website on UK passport applications from within the US:
http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/passports/applying-for-passport-usa/

Looks like you can do it by mail.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 03:34:54 PM »
Thanks looks like exactly what I need.

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 03:35:58 PM »
You are most welcome.

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 04:24:33 PM »
Confused now though.
section 1a was your child born in a foreign country and birth registered at a British consulate?
Yes born in foreign country, birth registered? I didn't register him but I did email the home office in the UK about registering him and they said there wasn't a need as he was automatically UK citiizen (still have email).

Also Was the child registered as a British citizen/ dependent/ overseas territories/ overseas citizen/ British subject/British protected person?
No I did not except for that email

Now what lol?

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 04:31:41 PM »
Confused now though.
section 1a was your child born in a foreign country and birth registered at a British consulate?
Yes born in foreign country, birth registered? I didn't register him but I did email the home office in the UK about registering him and they said there wasn't a need as he was automatically UK citiizen (still have email).

Also Was the child registered as a British citizen/ dependent/ overseas territories/ overseas citizen/ British subject/British protected person?
No I did not except for that email

Now what lol?
From reading form C2 you would answer you would answer 'NO' to the first question and 'NO' to the second which prompts you to complete the parents details in the next column. You will then have to send in supporting documentation to prove that you are a citizen that can pass your citizenship to your child.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 04:52:25 PM by WebyJ »

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 11:43:14 AM »
Hi - We just did this with our 2 children, in same situation as you: born in US, and did not register either birth with consulate.

We just sent in the form, photos, birth cert and US passport and BOOM, our kids are now dual citizens. I'm jealous.

Ralph

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab