Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Packing and Sending Spousal App to Courier--LA  (Read 1002 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Packing and Sending Spousal App to Courier--LA
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 03:50:28 AM »
I don't think channel hopping can cause problems as long as you go through both immigration processes legally, though you might want to get someone else's opinion on that who knows more.

On flights:  I found out that flights to Dublin are so cheap because Aer lingus books flights on a one-way basis, so their one-way fares actually make sense and are around half of the round-trip fares.  Instead of flying them to Ireland you could fly Aer lingus one-way to Paris or another European airport, then take the Eurostar to the UK.  You might have to connect in Dublin, and it would still be a hassle, but it'd be about the same price as Dublin to the UK and you'd get the stamp.

Then a few airfare tip sites also suggest buying a roundtrip ticket and not using the second half.  That goes against certain airlines' terms and conditions, but depending on the airline and situation it's a possibility.  A roundtrip direct flight from NY to London is the same price as the one-way going through Boston and Iceland flight.

I'm coming up with about $750 from PIT rountrip. But meh, whatever. :) I'm okay with going through Iceland. Or channel hopping if that price goes up. I'm not concerned with that right now. I'm just glad to have my visa application in!

Thanks for your help  ;D I will definitely look into flying Aer Lingus to another location... That is an excellent idea.
Finally living with my Husband in London after 6 1/2 years together but apart... and loving my life!

Sponsored Links