Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: More picky stupid questions...  (Read 795 times)

• Liked: 0
More picky stupid questions...
« on: April 17, 2009, 03:09:02 AM »
Okay, so, I sent my application to the consulate in LA yesterday. so now is panic time...

I realized I made a stupid little tiny mistake. My resume had last been updated when I was student teaching in England in the Fall. I updated all of the information in it for my application, but I just realized that I forgot to change the UK address. So it is Vincent's parents' address, because that's where we were living at the time, and it does not match our new address. I know it's small and dumb, but is that going affect me in any way whatsoever?

Again, I know I am just freaking out. But I figured people here would put my mind at ease :P
Finally living with my Husband in London after 6 1/2 years together but apart... and loving my life!

Re: More picky stupid questions...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 03:22:23 AM »
Mmmm, I'm not sure if they'll notice it, to be honest. CVs aren't necessarily required for the visa to begin with, so if anything I guess they'd glance over your qualifications and such to see what you'd be qualified to do in the UK. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a make-or-break issue :)
Met fiance (online): 2001
Started dating: 12/2005
Met fiance: 09/2006; 06/2007
UK Trip: 03/2008; 10/2008
Engaged: 11/2008
Married: 05/27/2009
Spousal visa app: 06/02/2009
Biometrics: 06/26/2009
Consulate received app: 07/01/2009
Approved: 07/02/2009
Moving Date: 09/04/2009

*I'm not any sort of immigration expert; I just play one on the telly*

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 03:24:33 AM »
Mmmm, I'm not sure if they'll notice it, to be honest. CVs aren't necessarily required for the visa to begin with, so if anything I guess they'd glance over your qualifications and such to see what you'd be qualified to do in the UK. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a make-or-break issue :)

Lol, I figured. But i'm so panicked now that it's sent  :-[ Eek!

I also just checked my tracking number and it was delivered and signed for at the Consulate today at 12:45 PM!!!! I think I need a stiff drink...
Finally living with my Husband in London after 6 1/2 years together but apart... and loving my life!

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 03:30:30 AM »
Lol, I figured. But i'm so panicked now that it's sent  :-[ Eek!

I also just checked my tracking number and it was delivered and signed for at the Consulate today at 12:45 PM!!!! I think I need a stiff drink...

Eh, it's natural to panic kinda, I feel like I've been on pins and needles since I got home, and I haven't even submitted anything yet :P

You'll do great, and a stiff drink never hurt anyone as long as it's a celebratory one :)

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 03:34:30 AM »
Eh, it's natural to panic kinda, I feel like I've been on pins and needles since I got home, and I haven't even submitted anything yet :P

You'll do great, and a stiff drink never hurt anyone as long as it's a celebratory one :)

Right, I was like that too. :P With all the visa issues and the wedding planning (even though it was tiny). So when I sent the application, I felt free, because I was like "it's out of my hands now." But now that free feeling is gone again and replaced with fear. :P Hellllllp.

I'll be fine, really. I may just have a glass of wine though.... I think visas might make people alcoholics. It's a theory. We should do a case study or something.

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 03:38:55 AM »
Right, I was like that too. :P With all the visa issues and the wedding planning (even though it was tiny). So when I sent the application, I felt free, because I was like "it's out of my hands now." But now that free feeling is gone again and replaced with fear. :P Hellllllp.

I'll be fine, really. I may just have a glass of wine though.... I think visas might make people alcoholics. It's a theory. We should do a case study or something.

I keep telling Steve once I mail it off, I'll run around in circles because I'll be free of this big UKBA monkey on my back :P Once it's mailed off there's nothing else I can really do, so I don't have a chance of messing it up--it's in the ECOs hands at that point.

I know I could use a beer sometimes when I think about my visa, something like Newcastle or somesuch, in a big British bottle. It makes me sound like an alcoholic, I'm not, I just don't have a lot of ways to blow off excess stress :P

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 03:47:43 AM »
Okay, so, I sent my application to the consulate in LA yesterday. so now is panic time...

I realized I made a stupid little tiny mistake. My resume had last been updated when I was student teaching in England in the Fall. I updated all of the information in it for my application, but I just realized that I forgot to change the UK address. So it is Vincent's parents' address, because that's where we were living at the time, and it does not match our new address. I know it's small and dumb, but is that going affect me in any way whatsoever?

Again, I know I am just freaking out. But I figured people here would put my mind at ease :P

Just type out a letter explaining everything and have it ready in case they call to ask about it, that way you'll have it ready to fax or mail right away.

Chances are they won't but at least you will be prepared.  :)

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 03:57:08 AM »
Just type out a letter explaining everything and have it ready in case they call to ask about it, that way you'll have it ready to fax or mail right away.

Chances are they won't but at least you will be prepared.  :)

Oh that wouldn't take me long to write at all. I'll write it if they ask for it. :)

So, I just read the BCI Bill thread, and am very very confused? I don't really understand it at all (though it doesn't seem like anyone does) and I feel like maybe I shouldn't even look into it because I will just give myself a heart attack or something.

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 03:58:06 AM »
I keep telling Steve once I mail it off, I'll run around in circles because I'll be free of this big UKBA monkey on my back :P Once it's mailed off there's nothing else I can really do, so I don't have a chance of messing it up--it's in the ECOs hands at that point.

I know I could use a beer sometimes when I think about my visa, something like Newcastle or somesuch, in a big British bottle. It makes me sound like an alcoholic, I'm not, I just don't have a lot of ways to blow off excess stress :P

I don't do beer. But I could go for some Magners right now. :P For sure.

But there is no such thing over here. So I'm off to get a glass of wine.......

• Liked: 1
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 05:05:27 AM »
So, I just read the BCI Bill thread, and am very very confused? I don't really understand it at all (though it doesn't seem like anyone does) and I feel like maybe I shouldn't even look into it because I will just give myself a heart attack or something.

Don't get too caught up in that just yet, wait until you are in the UK on the right visa before worrying about what might happen in the future. 

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 05:17:00 AM »
Don't get too caught up in that just yet, wait until you are in the UK on the right visa before worrying about what might happen in the future. 

Yeppp, that's what i decided to do. :) I am ignoring it and happily sipping on that aforementioned wine. Thanks for helping to put my frazzled mind at ease though. I love this site. I can't express that enough. Ranting to my friends who don't understand any of this just doesn't help as much as ranting to others in this forum...

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 09:24:38 AM »
Forget it.  Don't bother writing a letter.  They won't care, probably won't notice, and if the rest of the application was okay they won't even look at the CV anyway.

Vicky

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »
Forget it.  Don't bother writing a letter.  They won't care, probably won't notice, and if the rest of the application was okay they won't even look at the CV anyway.

Vicky

I don't think I even sent one with mine...it wasn't one of the required pieces of information. So to princess...don't worry about it!

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 02:04:04 PM »

Vicky

Okay, I figured as much, but in my worried/waiting state I will panic over every little thing. Needed someone to tell me to chill. :P

Thanks!

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 02:11:55 PM »

Whey, nothing wrong with a bottle o' dog!  ;)

Sponsored Links