Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiancee Visa Approved LA Consulate  (Read 729 times)

• God only knows what i'd be without you
  • Liked: 0
Fiancee Visa Approved LA Consulate
« on: April 19, 2009, 10:21:29 AM »
Instead of adding to my old post I figured i'd make a new thread with a different tittle for searches. Here is the timeline and list of documents that Df and I sent into the Los Angeles Consulate via our Courier, Ken Ripoll, of Allstar Visa and Passports. I can't recommend Ken enough. Thanks to Therese for sending me to them.

Also a HUGE thank you to all the lovely ladies and gentlemen who helped me along the way. You all know who you are and I am so grateful to have found this amazing site full of amazing people. I have made new friends here that I hope to meet IRL someday. Especially Amy who has been a true priceless friend!  [smiley=smitten.gif]

I bought a clear green binder that had 8 pouches with tabs. I labeled them according to what was inside each pouch. A large white label on the front of the binder had my name, proposed date of travel and GWF.

Also I wanted to let everyone know that everything of DF's, was a scanned copy. Fed-ex f'ed us on the shipping time. I explained this in my letter of introduction along with a copy of the tracking page from online.

TIMELINE

Online Application 3/31/09
Biometrics 4/3/09
Documents mailed to Courier 4/15/09
Documents recvd by Courier 4/16/09
Application submitted to Consulate 9:00 am 4/17/09
Visa granted!!! 4:00 pm 4/17/09

DOCUMENTS

Letter of Introduction
Copy of Fed-ex tracking for DF's Docs
DF Letter of Support
Application
Biometrics
My Passport
DF passport
2 Passport sized photos
Accommodation Permission
-Land Registry
Proof of Relationship
-Original and copies of cards
-Original and copies of plane tickets
-Original and copies of hotel bills and guest privilege cards
-Original photographs
-Copies of emailed Itineraries
-Copies of personal emails
-Copies of emails sent to Wedding Vendors
Original Divorce Decree
Copies of 6 months of Bank statements for DF
DF's Business Accountant Statements
-Cover letter from Accountant
-2008 Tax return
-6 Months Income and earnings
-1 Wage slip (DF only has 1 because the company just became a LLC and now uses wage slips. We had to provide a letter, from DF and his Accountant, explaining why this was and how he was being paid before)
1 Copy of every document listed above

• dailydoseofash.blogspot.com
    • Daily Dose of Ash
Re: Fiancee Visa Approved LA Consulate
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 06:40:05 PM »
Congrats again and thank you for the info!!
Aug 2007 - Began relationship with DH while both in Canada
1 Aug 2008 - Got engaged
11 May 2009 - Fiancee Visa approved
17 May 2009 - Moved to the UK
12 July 2009 - Wedding Day!!!
21 Sep 2009 - FLR (M) approved in Liverpool

• Have passport, will travel.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 12:57:10 AM »

Also a HUGE thank you to all the lovely ladies and gentlemen who helped me along the way. You all know who you are and I am so grateful to have found this amazing site full of amazing people. I have made new friends here that I hope to meet IRL someday. Especially Amy who has been a true priceless friend!  [smiley=smitten.gif]

Seriously, right back at you! :-*
Who knew when I came back to the states to get my visa, I'd also be going home with a new friend! :)
Amy
I knit so I don't kill people.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 09:04:54 PM »
Excellent troubleandstrife!!  Looks like both of us finally got what we wanted out of LA!  I'm just waiting on my friend's decision to go with me and for my daughter's UK passport to come back.  I'm able to enter the UK by May 1st. (I chose that day to ensure some more time for Izzy's passport though it should be here at the end of the week)

Since I am still new at this, where in England is your fiancee?  I was staying (a long visit) in Colchester while my husband and I were engaged.  He wasn't a fan of the area, but enjoyed Ipswich though.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 09:17:10 PM »
Excellent troubleandstrife!!  Looks like both of us finally got what we wanted out of LA!  I'm just waiting on my friend's decision to go with me and for my daughter's UK passport to come back.  I'm able to enter the UK by May 1st. (I chose that day to ensure some more time for Izzy's passport though it should be here at the end of the week)

Since I am still new at this, where in England is your fiancee?  I was staying (a long visit) in Colchester while my husband and I were engaged.  He wasn't a fan of the area, but enjoyed Ipswich though.
I'm so glad it all worked out for you guys. Soon you'll be home and that's great for your family!!!

I'm not so good with areas yet. We're in North Devon in a town called Barnstaple. The other towns around us are Appledore, Westward Ho!, Clovelly, and Bideford. If you guys get a chance to visit hit me up. It's a really lovely area and the beach at Westward Ho! is amazing.

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 09:21:48 PM »
You're way south!  If you ever want to hop on over to Northern Ireland (or the republic for that matter!  I LOVE Dublin!) it'll be time for pints!  Since you are your fiancee met on a rockabilly type thing, how are the shows in the UK?  I know my husband said before there used to be cancellation issues in Belfast for various reasons.  I know many come through England!  Who knows, once I am over there and we have things settled, in time we may hop over to England to visit!

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 09:25:38 PM »
You're way south!  If you ever want to hop on over to Northern Ireland (or the republic for that matter!  I LOVE Dublin!) it'll be time for pints!  Since you are your fiancee met on a rockabilly type thing, how are the shows in the UK?  I know my husband said before there used to be cancellation issues in Belfast for various reasons.  I know many come through England!  Who knows, once I am over there and we have things settled, in time we may hop over to England to visit!

The shows have been good so far. I saw The Peacocks in Exeter last time I was there. The Koffin Kats are coming on tour soon. The Guanabatz usually play a few times a year and I know the Rockabilly Rave is once a year.

The shows seem good and plenty so far :)

Sponsored Links