Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: hmmmm  (Read 1208 times)

• Liked: 0
hmmmm
« on: December 26, 2009, 04:09:31 PM »
So,last week, I got a Christmas card from an aunt in the Philippines(she used to live in Chicago, but, she lives in the Philippines half the year to take care of our family's house there). When I picked it up, it was already opened.I was the first one in the house to pick up the post that day. I have a sinking feeling that there was some cash-or a check in it, and that it was taken.

Last Saturday, another aunt in Chicago, called for her weekly/bi-weekly chat and asked me if I had gotten the Christmas card coming from them, and I said no.

DH is certain that if there was cash in the first card, then it was taken out. And that I'll never get the second one, nor the possible cash that was in it. *sigh* I know there's nothing to be done, because I can't really prove anything, but, it's never happened to me once in the States, and I'm just sad.
Amor Vinicit Omnia=Love Conquers All.

• Liked: 2
Re: hmmmm
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 04:14:50 PM »
That's awful but sending cash in the mail is never advisable, especially internationally. Maybe next time they could send you an international money order or transfer it to your account electronically.

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 04:24:04 PM »
Yeah, I reckon it's just part of the new way of life. I shall have to pass the word round in my family. It's just like a kick in the stomach, you know? I've finally gotten thru the first bout of homesickness, and getting used to being in the UK, and got a volunteer job at a charity shop, and this happens. Rats..... :-\\\\

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 04:36:11 PM »
I have a sinking feeling that there was some cash-or a check in it, and that it was taken.

Abby Why don't you just ask your aunt if she sent you any money? No need to be upset if nothing is really missing.

Last Saturday, another aunt in Chicago, called for her weekly/bi-weekly chat and asked me if I had gotten the Christmas card coming from them, and I said no.
It could just be late. I sent some Xmas cards and 2 Bday cards from Lincoln to Manchester and it took a week and a half to get there and it is only 2 hours away.

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 04:38:38 PM »

It could just be late. I sent some Xmas cards and 2 Bday cards from Lincoln to Manchester and it took a week and a half to get there and it is only 2 hours away.

Very well could be...I've only gotten 2 cards from the States and that was really early this month and I've been asked by family members if I'd gotten their Christmas Cards...considering how crap the weather has been everywhere recently I'm not surprised....so, I wouldn't completely give up on getting them.

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 06:24:59 PM »
Abby Why don't you just ask your aunt if she sent you any money? No need to be upset if nothing is really missing.

I will ask her when I write her again. Hopefully, I'm just panicking over nothing. *fingers crossed* She probably hasn't gotten my card yet, because in hers, she said that she didn't know my new surname/family name.

Again, I hope so. I've just never had this feeling about Christmas cards before. I'm not like, weeping or anything, it's just....I don't know. It's just weird. Never thought I'd have to worry about something that I used to think was so little, so routine.

Sponsored Links