Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: permission for a uk holiday after visa denied and refused entry  (Read 635 times)

• Liked: 0
permission for a uk holiday after visa denied and refused entry
« on: February 06, 2010, 06:47:16 PM »
My American bf had a visa denied because he filled in the online form wrong and mistakenly appied for a new talent job in Scotland, thinking he was applying for the amature musicians visa back in Summer 2008. He tried to come to England as a tourist for a second time in November 2008 but was denied entry because of the failed visa, and because he appeared rootless in the USA (no home, or job) despite having a return ticket for six months time, plenty of money and me on the phone saying he was going to stay with me and not work.
Anyway we have left the situation all this time with me visiting him in the States every three months.
Is it possible for him to get permission from somewhere for him to just come to the UK for a two week holiday, (before he sets off from the states)? If so where does he apply for that, and also how can he get his passport cleaned up e.g. the mistake about the visa and subsequent denied entry things sorted out so they aren't flagged every time he goes through passport control. Also has Vicky gone from here? she was helpful last time I wrote.

• Liked: 4
Re: permission for a uk holiday after visa denied and refused entry
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 06:50:36 PM »
As he has been denied entry, he will need to apply for a visitor's visa in advance of booking his holiday.  It is likely he will always need to do this to travel to the UK. It's not really possible to 'get his passport cleaned up' as this is now part of his immigration history.

• Liked: 0
Re: permission for a uk holiday after visa denied and refused entry
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 09:32:10 PM »
ok thanks !

Sponsored Links