Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Modify Headers to watch US TV - Does this actually work?  (Read 1782 times)

• Liked: 0
Modify Headers to watch US TV - Does this actually work?
« on: March 29, 2011, 07:59:09 AM »
I've added modify headers to firefox, and I actually managed to make it work... for a day>:(  [smiley=computer.gif] But now it won't work at all.  :\\\'( (And that is after I blocked the TCP and UDP ports!)

Does anyone know how to make it work long term? Or knows of any alternative to watch US tV in the UK that is not hotspot shield?

TIA!!
August 2008 - Tier 4 - Student Visa
February 2010 - Tier 1 - PSW
January 2012 - FLR(M)
June 2014 - ILR (finally!)

• Pajama Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
Re: Modify Headers to watch US TV - Does this actually work?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 08:04:23 AM »
I don't really use it much anymore (got Sky, so I don't really watch TV on the internet now), but Hotspot Shield worked really well for me a few months ago.  It was really easy to use as well.

ETA: Doh! Just read that you were looking for something that wasn't hotspot shield!  :P Nevermind me, off to get my coffee!  :)
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

• Utter Nonsense
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 09:48:03 AM »
I havent had an issue with it. Last time I updated it, the developer advised to keep the modify header open while watching (though this was about a month ago and Ive had a few forced updates since then, so this might have been fixed?)

Wish I could be more help :(

• Liked: 19
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 09:53:31 AM »
It does work, but only at a fairly superficial level.  Different sites use different methods of determining your location, and most still won't work if that's all you do.

Getting a proxy server is sort of the mid-level option.  You can get free proxy servers, but it can be very hit-or-miss.  A better option is to subscribe to one.  It's not expensive, and it's much more reliable than trying to find free ones.
This will work for some, but not all, sites.  It just depends on what sort of authentication they do.  

The best option would be a VPN.  That's going to let you use basically any site.  Again, it's something you'd need to subscribe to, but is still quite affordable.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab