Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Would this suffice as a letter of consent from absent parent? HELP!  (Read 1048 times)

• Liked: 0
My stepdaughter, who is 16, deaf and developmentally delayed will be needing a visa to move over with her mother. Her (C the stepdaughter) biological father has consented to signing a paper to allow her to move. Does this look like it would be okay for the visa application purposes?

Permission for visa application and to move to the UK.

I, ___________, biological daughter of ____________ (July __, 1994), do hereby give my consent for her mother, _____________ to apply for a settlement visa to the UK for C. I also give my consent for C to move to the UK to live with her mother, ____ and stepfather Philip _____.

__________ has had sole physical responsibility for taking care of C since she was 3 years old. She makes all the decisions concerning C.

_____________(his name here)

_______________________                               Date______________________

Of course I will fill in the missing names. I just omitted them for on line identity purposes.

Does this sound good enough for the visa application? Should I include anything else? I had thought to maybe include a sentence or 2 about there not being a court order for custody nor visitation, and this consent would not violate a court order. Should I leave that part out, or put it in? Is there anything else that I may need to include?

Re: Would this suffice as a letter of consent from absent parent? HELP!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 02:33:19 PM »
****made a typo. It should say biological father of C

sorry didn't mean to confuse anyone.

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 05:30:28 PM »
Should we include his address and phone number on this form? Or is it okay without his address and phone number?

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 05:41:30 PM »
Oh and one more question on this subject...

This letter needs to be notarized, but does it need to be certified? What is the difference?

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 07:19:50 PM »
That looks pretty much like the letter we provided, we had it notarised. We did include his address and phone number just in case they wanted to verify--(they didn't use it)

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 07:35:57 PM »
Thank you so much for answering my question. I have been pacing for the last couple of days now, hoping someone would answer me. There are so many questions and concerns we have about this process, it is nice to have a place to go where others have "been there, done that".

• At the U2 concert!
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 11:14:26 PM »
Hey Phil!!  Ask and you shall receive.  Your letter looks like it will be just fine.  There is one on the transpondia website I refer everyone too.  But make sure that it is notarized by the biological father and mother.

http://www.londonelegance.com/transpondia/spouse/childmovement.pdf

Just add "reside" or whatever you need.

Gimme a shout if you need more help.  Best wishes! :D
First visit to US (2 weeks)- October 2009
Second visit to US (3 months)- December 2009
First visit to UK - August 2010
Second visit to UK - October 2010
Third visit to UK - December 2010 (Engaged!)
His visit to US-April 2011
Married-May 2011!!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 01:05:33 AM »
So does my wife need to sign the same letter? I thought since it was a given that the mother was moving with her, that she didn't need to sign the letter. I thought only the biological father needed to sign.
My wife sent the letter off to the biological father today. She didn't include anywhere where she can sign the form. If she needs to sign the form, can she do so on the bottom maybe, beneath his?

• At the U2 concert!
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 02:00:48 AM »
So does my wife need to sign the same letter? I thought since it was a given that the mother was moving with her, that she didn't need to sign the letter. I thought only the biological father needed to sign.
My wife sent the letter off to the biological father today. She didn't include anywhere where she can sign the form. If she needs to sign the form, can she do so on the bottom maybe, beneath his?

That would be my exact recommendation. :D  It only costs $5 from FedEx if your bank doesn't offer it for free. :D
First visit to US (2 weeks)- October 2009
Second visit to US (3 months)- December 2009
First visit to UK - August 2010
Second visit to UK - October 2010
Third visit to UK - December 2010 (Engaged!)
His visit to US-April 2011
Married-May 2011!!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 03:00:16 AM »
Thank you so much for your advice. I am quickly finding out there is so much we would have missed if it weren't for you guys.

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 02:29:16 AM »
Is it okay if my wife's part is notarized on a separate date? As he lives over 500 miles away and the consent was mailed to him to be signed and notarized.
Also if there isn't room on the form itself, can the notary add a second page and that be signed and notarized and then attached to the original document?

(when my wife went in to our bank originally, the notary verbiage was not on the consent and the notary said she had a paper with the verbiage and that could be attached to the form...oh this was for him for a related issue..not the consent to move itself)

Thank you for all your help.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab