Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: From Chicago to West Midlands **banking question**  (Read 840 times)

• From Chi-town to the Shire:)
  • Liked: 0
From Chicago to West Midlands **banking question**
« on: November 02, 2010, 10:51:50 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm from Chicago and currently waiting on my Spouse Visa for the big move. I can't seem to find a "finance or banking" section; maybe I'm not looking in the right place. If anyone can direct me to that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Generally inquiring about keeping U.S. bank accounts open and transferring money to a Lloyds TSB account when needed. Any forms or letters I may need to bring with me from my bank (Chase) before I leave, cost of wire transfer fees, etc? Any insight would be greatly appreciated, especially from those who have done the same thing.

Thanks!
"Ah, one doesn't give up one's country any more than one gives up one's grandmother. They're both antecedent to choice - elements of one's composition that are not to be eliminated." -Henry James

• Liked: 3
Re: From Chicago to West Midlands **banking question**
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:27:55 AM »
EXPAT LIFE section, MONEY MATTERS subsection
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

• From Chi-town to the Shire:)
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 11:32:29 AM »
Thanks!
"Ah, one doesn't give up one's country any more than one gives up one's grandmother. They're both antecedent to choice - elements of one's composition that are not to be eliminated." -Henry James

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 01:10:37 PM »
You may want to make sure that a wire-transfer agreement has been filed at your branch of Chase bank so that when it comes time to transfer money to your new U.K. account you're all set. It's easy enough once that's been done---the U.K. bank will provide you with the IBAN number and info you'll need to follow through with your transfer.

There were minimal fees from both our US and UK banks for the wire transfer, but I think they probably totaled about $50.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 01:13:54 PM by Oonablah »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab