Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My FLR(M) Experience (Croydon), from Proposed Fiancee/Civil Partnership Visa  (Read 3342 times)

• Liked: 0
Thank you, dandr for putting this up, and TxArtGal for the note about security on the door.  I'm going in for mine tomorrow in Cardiff and my nerves have really set in today.  I'm sure that we are fine, but it's too big a thing to not have a few nerves over, in terms of having all the right papers, etc.  You both have made me feel a lot better, although I am now wondering how problematic it is to only have the email with my apt reference number on it?  I couldn't print when I set up the appointment, so I've printed off the email confirmation I received from them, but my name is no where on it.  Is this worth panicking over or should I just count it as over-thinking?

Hi Slowloris,

If it makes you feel any better, before I began this whole immigration JOURNEY I was quite a calm and collected person. Now I'm a nervous wreck dealing with immigration! LOL.

If it makes you feel any better, I actually only had my appointment number on my iPhone because I left my printout at home. The important thing is that you have A APPOINTMENT number. I don't think it matters much what it is on. They can look you up if need be. I don't remember if my name was on my appointment or not- but I don't think its a serious need to worry about.

After I showed my phone to the guard at the door, they gave me a sticky note and I wrote the appointment number on it, and that was put on the stack of papers that you bring from station to station.

Not sure if it makes you feel any better, but I couldn't sleep that night thinking I'd forget something, or we'd have a homophobic officer, or that the credit card machine would break, or that my biometric would go haywire. I was a MESS. Thankfully my partner was there to calm my nerves every step of the way. LOL!

All of this to say, my FLR experience was pretty good, LONG, and good. It can be many hours sitting in there bored, bring a book. If you have everything organized nicely (which we did) and just be honest and patient, you'll be fine.

We got a snazzy piece of paper, and my biometric ID card came later in the week (make sure you can be there to sign!). It is a HUGE hurdle and a big sigh of relief once we finished ours. I am so happy that this country has allowed us to be together.

I wish you the best of luck tomorrow and keep us/me updated!

Hi dandr,

Thank you so much for being calm and helpful!  Everything went great, I'm legal to work and allowed to stay here for 2 more years!!!!!!  Everyone at the Border Agency was really nice, the only hang up was that the agent working on my application was working on a complicated-seeming family's ILR, so while my apt was at 1:30, my application wasn't opened until 4.  Which was awful, because we were the only people in the waiting room for about a half an hour, and I was really panicking about why the application was taking 3 hours to process.  The agent came out at 4:35, and approved me, so it didn't actually take too long, but the waiting game was pretty unfun.  I feel so much more like I live here now! 

Hi,

Thanks for very useful information I have here!
I would be thankful if someone can advice me on my situation.

My partner is a UK citizen by birth and I am from a Non-EU country (Asia). I entered in the UK as a Student with a student visa and then situation became complicated and after few years I became as an over stayer as I didn't get my extension on my student visa, since then I don't have a valid leave to remain in the UK.

In the early days when I was a student here, I met someone (a man) who I fell in love with, after two years of our relationship, we went to a solicitor who made a Human Rights application for me and a COA application for us to get permission for our Civil Partnership and to get me stay in the UK as I and my partner already have a family life developed in the UK and then we started living together. Finally, we got COA approved after more than a year time, we happily entered into Civil Partnership and are now official partners.

I was in the impression of submitting FLR(M) right away after the registration but my solicitor said he would only be adding this registration information in to my Human Rights application he previously made and hopefully I will get this approved and if so I will be granted three years Discretion leave, then I will have to extend this leave for another three years before I apply for ILR.

Moreover, It's just impossible for me to leave the UK to apply from my country for Entry Clearance for a two years Spouse visa because of my cultural background as Gay life is not acceptable in my country neither by law nor by religion.

My question is why can I not go for FLR(M) within the UK to have a two years visa even if I don't have a valid leave to remain in the UK?

Second question is if I get my Human Right's application approved for Discretion leave, would I be able to submit FLR(M) afterwards at any stage?

Any other advice will be more than welcome and be a great help!

Kind Regards

• Liked: 3598
My question is why can I not go for FLR(M) within the UK to have a two years visa even if I don't have a valid leave to remain in the UK?

You cannot go for FLR(M) because you don't have valid leave to remain in the UK, One of the requirements to qualify for FLR(M) is that you have valid leave to remain and as you don't have this, you will not be able to apply for FLR(M).

Second question is if I get my Human Right's application approved for Discretion leave, would I be able to submit FLR(M) afterwards at any stage?

No idea, because here on the forum we don't know the laws regarding human rights applications and discretion leave. If you have a lawyer dealing with your case, then the only thing you can really do is ask him (or her) about it.

This is too weird.  There was another discretionary case earlier this week.  Presumably we need to change UKY's google profile.   ::)

When you're on the Article 8 track, each case is totally specific right down to the gnat's wobbly bits.  Nobody ever got viable feedback from random people on the internet.  Except for dodgy advisors touting for business that is.

They can just read about it in the other thread.  The best advice is send them to the Red Cross or Southall Sisters or etc etc etc etc...

I'm glad the recounting of our experience with FLR(M) for CPV might be helpful to some of the visitors to the site, but respectfully I've read your question in multiple places and I'm pretty sure this forum can't help you any further with your unique situation.

I suggest you contact an immigration solicitor or take one of the many bits of advice already given to you in multiple places. I hope it works out for you.

Sponsored Links