Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Best mobile phone plans and/or companies?  (Read 3291 times)

• Jennifer Knits
  • Liked: 1
Re: Best mobile phone plans and/or companies?
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2011, 11:20:17 AM »
With regards to the international plan, I would suggest using Skye or Google (video)chat or something along those lines rather than paying international rates on your mobile.

• Utter Nonsense
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 11:53:33 AM »
I'm looking for a mobile phone -- to call, text, and something with a camera phone.  A basic type phone.  Does anyone know which phone company has a great international plan?  I've been looking at some and I've just been getting confused.  My hubby tells me to look for a monthly contract as opposed to a PAYG.  Can I get a phone for free and just pay for the monthly charges?  Or since I want one with an international plan will I just have to buy a SIM card and get a phone separately?  As I said I'm confused :P

O2 currently have a PAYG sim as long as you top up £10 a month you can receive as little as 50 free minutes to the US. The more you top up, the more minutes you get.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/Pay_and_Go

I use O2 simplicity and for £3 a month I pay for 16p a minute calls and texts dont cost too much (i think for one text to my sister costs me 2 texts off my plan)

Theres also a pay monthly plan that gives you 3000 international minutes as well
Or you can

• Liked: 0
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 01:54:19 PM »
Thanks noirem and Kerri, I'll look into those options/plans.
*spousal visa FLR(M) issued June 8, 2010*

• Liked: 3
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2011, 02:21:05 PM »
If you have a phone and just need a SIM card you could try Giffgaff, which is a smaller company whose services run on the O2 network. Reportedly if you have a phone that is locked to O2 it will work with them, but I haven't tried this. The PAYG rates are pretty good though - 8p calls to the UK and the same rate to call most European countries and the US - not as cheap as Skype or Google Voice international calls, but not outrageous either!

If you order a SIM through my referral link you get a free £5 credit: http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/dgreenhouse (you can also order through the main website but they aren't offering the free credit at the moment through that channel).

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab