Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cheap Flight help  (Read 945 times)

• Liked: 0
Cheap Flight help
« on: September 03, 2004, 02:11:06 PM »
I am planning on going home for Thanksgiving and would like to know what sites others use to find tickets.  It is for 2 adults and 2 children flying from London to Las Vegas.
TIA

Re: Cheap Flight help
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 04:48:32 PM »
Thanksgiving flights aren't cheap, are they? And the west coast always adds so much to the price! Mind, the price has actually dropped some in the past week.

The best I've found for 2 people from LHR to SFO:
£564.40 on Virgin (www.lastminute.com)
£575.80 on BA (www.expedia.co.uk)
£576.20 on Virgin (www.travelocity.co.uk)

Do you have any Virgin airmiles? They have a programme called Miles for Money where you can exchange airmiles for discounted fares which is probably what we'll end up doing as that will cost £498.40 + 4,000 miles.

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 11:28:49 AM »
BA has a sale on. I don't know if Las Vegas is included though.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/septsalelon/public/en_gb

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 12:57:49 PM »
I just booked my Thanksgiving flights with ebookers

www.ebookers.com

They've been really good for us in the past, but I did just see a british airways advert for a fare sale. I'd check them out too.

BTW, I lived in Vegas for 5 years, 97-02.
good luck with your flights
shan

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2004, 02:10:59 PM »
Thanks for the help.
I have some Virgin airmiles but can't use them on the Vegas flight since it is their most popular route.  I wish I could since it is the only non-stop flight.

Ebookers is the best so far.  I was just seeing if people knew of different sites than the ones I have been checking.

Shannon-- I have never lived in Vegas.  It is the closest airport to St. George, Utah where my family lives.  My sister is moving to Vegas next week though.

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 03:28:26 PM »
St George is so much better than Vegas! I was just NOT into the gambling, drinking etc..... I will admit it was the best job I have ever had but sadly left the job (advertising agency) for a new life with a new hubbie in Scotland. The airport was great though. I could get anywhere from there and usually direct! Someday I will go back to visit friends. I dearly miss the In and Out drive ups!  :D

Sponsored Links