Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: engaged and wedding date set!  (Read 1136 times)

• Liked: 0
engaged and wedding date set!
« on: September 05, 2011, 07:13:03 PM »
Hello all! I just got back to the States after another amazing trip the UK, but this time I came back with a little extra baggage in the form of an engagement ring! DF proposed to me in Sheffield Park. It was the perfect day. The sun was shining and we had a lovely picnic in the park next to a pond covered with lily pads. I was enjoying a glass of wine and soaking up the sun when all of a sudden my boy was on his knee with a beautiful ring! Of course I said yes, and the rest of the day was filled with Skype calls to friends and family and going out for a curry in the evening! Our wedding date is set for May 27, 2012 stateside. I have lots of planning to do in the meantime! Just wanted to share my story with you all  :) Im sure I'll be back with a lot of updates!

• Liked: 7
Re: engaged and wedding date set!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 07:44:31 PM »
Congrats, and welcome to UKY!
2007-Short Term Student;   2010-T4;   2011-T1 PSW;   2013-FLR(M);    2015-ILR;    2016 - Citizenship (approved!)

• Makeup Guru & Anglophile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 02:58:10 AM »
Congrats on your enagement and impending nuptuials! What a lovely proposal indeed ;D Welcome to UKY and look forward to hearing more about you.
Met at 2012 London Olympics| Engagement 4-25-13| Married 7-30-13| Hired immigration lawyer 9-13 (waste of time)| Applied for Spousal Visa online 12-27-13| Biometrics completed 1-2-14| Spousal & dependent visas submitted 1-10-14| Application is being processed email 1-13-14| Decision has been made email 1-21-14| Received approved visas 1-24-14| Arrived in London 3-9-14 YAY!!

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 04:47:59 AM »
Thank you, thank you! It was a lovely day  ;D I keep thinking back to it and wishing I could be back in the UK now! Wedding plans are off and running! Venue:check, cake: check, string quartet: check, florist: check! So excited for what the future holds!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 06:16:39 AM »
Congratulations!

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 04:49:57 AM »
Congratulations! I just had a similar experience. I was in the UK over the summer and proposed to my girlfriend. We are very excited as well. You said you were getting married in the States? That's what we are planning on as well. Can you tell me what you're planning to do in terms of visas? It would really help me out, thanks!

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 07:32:17 PM »
Congratulations!

Thank you  ;D
Can you tell me what you're planning to do in terms of visas? It would really help me out, thanks!
Congratulations! You must both be so excited! As far as what we will do in terms of a visa goes, he will come the States on the visa waiver program and we will get married. After the marriage festivities he will return to the UK and we will apply for the spouse visa for me. I don't know any specifics yet, but the visa and citizenship board should give you some good info! Hope that helps a little! Good luck with the planning!

Sponsored Links