Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US Immigration  (Read 4997 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: US Immigration
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2012, 09:42:04 AM »
The more I hear, the more I think that it is the luck of the draw with who you get as the IO. I don't know about you but I size them up when I am in line hoping that I will get the one that looks "nice" (if you can even really tell).
The only time I got more than a few questions was last time going through Heathrow where I got an IO that was clearly not British born. Perhaps they have something more to prove or perhaps it's a cultural thing. I hate to go down those lines personally....
As for the US border points, both going and coming, I find them to be mostly on a power trip. I am always courteous and never have an attitude of annoyance. IF anything it's more of an attitude of relief. When I am leaving LAX to visit my sweetheart, I am more than happy to be getting on a plane. When I return to LAX, although being separated is hard, I am honestly glad to be home again!
I know for a fact that being jet lagged and slow in responding does not do the Brit well coming through immigration. I think the IO's can take advantage of that.
And speaking of immigration, I will be leaving the UK on Sunday back to LA. This time I put my COLEMANS mustard in my checked in suitcase and NOT my carryon!! That did not go over well last time!

• Liked: 4
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2012, 11:32:28 AM »
How do you know the IO you got was not British born?

• Liked: 0
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2012, 11:48:37 AM »
Well I suppose he could have been . Let's just say that the line of questioning did not match anything that I have experienced before and he didn't seem to speak English very well for an IO and he was less than warm and welcoming. Didn't mean to sound racist or anything but cultural differences do come into play and that is for any culture and for anywhere in the world.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2012, 06:20:53 PM »
Just to update - it was absolutely fine us going through at Logan, although they made us go into the "foreign visitors" line.
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

Sponsored Links