Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Scrapping UKBA  (Read 1868 times)

Scrapping UKBA
« on: March 26, 2013, 03:26:17 PM »

• Liked: 223
Re: Scrapping UKBA
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 03:54:07 PM »
Whoa.... that's pretty big news!  I can't tell what's going to happen now or how we'll be affected, but I hope it's for the better.....  :-\\\\  but that's probably just wishful thinking......

Glad I don't have any visas in process with the UKBA now..... I can't imagine what they've got to do with all those applications now...... yikes.   :o
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Liked: 31
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 03:58:44 PM »
This is like the 3rd or 4th time this kind of thing has happened since I've been here, it doesn't tend to affect processing times as it's primarily a rebranding exercise with changes mostly at the top levels that don't deal with the day-to-day stuff.
Arrived as student 9/2003; Renewed student visa 9/2006; Applied for HSMP approval 1/2008; HSMP approved 3/2008; Tier 1 General FLR received 4/2008; FLR(M) Unmarried partner approved (in-person) 27/8/2009; ILR granted at in-person PEO appointment 1/8/2011; Applied for citizenship at Edinburgh NCS 31/10/2011; Citizenship approval received 4/2/2012
FINALLY A CITIZEN! 29/2/2012

• Banned

• Writer, married, semi-employed, and sorta happy...
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 04:19:04 PM »
Oh, allow me to 'translate' this for ya!

T. May is getting herself a new laptop. And a bigger office. And a second job title.
“It was when I realised I had a new nationality: I was in exile. I am an adulterous resident: when I am in one city, I am dreaming of the other. I am an exile; citizen of the country of longing.” ― Suketu Mehta.

Married 04/13/11, in NYC.
Applied for Spouse Visa the following week, with express service, and I was approved 4 days later!
Arrived in the UK 05/20/11.
I took the stupid LIUK Test Oct. 2012.
We were granted ILR In Person in Croydon on 04/23/13.
Got BRP 2 days later, in mail box - it just appeared.

NEXT: The lil' red passpo

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 04:25:09 PM »
This is like the 3rd or 4th time this kind of thing has happened since I've been here, it doesn't tend to affect processing times as it's primarily a rebranding exercise with changes mostly at the top levels that don't deal with the day-to-day stuff.

Yeah, the last buzz I heard was that this was going back to more 'like it used to be' - under the Home Office, under New Labour. Before the Tories decided to reinvent the wheel. But whatever. Much of a muchness.  :P ::)
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

• Banned

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 04:34:24 PM »
Supposedly they are updating the computer system.

(Translation: Ms May is getting the new Ipad, and possibly a kindle)
“It was when I realised I had a new nationality: I was in exile. I am an adulterous resident: when I am in one city, I am dreaming of the other. I am an exile; citizen of the country of longing.” ― Suketu Mehta.

Applied for Spouse Visa the following week, with express service, and I was approved 4 days later!

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 05:31:07 PM »
Supposedly they are updating the computer system.

(Translation: Ms May is getting the new Ipad, and possibly a kindle)

Hah! I certainly hope that's all it means, but given the cloak-and-dagger, we-decided-overnight-last-night business, I wonder what May et al are actually up to. Processing times are one thing, but what are they going to do the process itself now? Then again, no one would describe me as a trusting optimist at even the best of times.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 05:43:00 PM »
Can they scrap Teresa May as well? Or at least make her get rid of that ridiculous dress that makes her look like an astronaut who lost her helmet!
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

• Pajama Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 06:02:52 PM »
Can they scrap Teresa May as well? Or at least make her get rid of that ridiculous dress that makes her look like an astronaut who lost her helmet!

Hear, hear!  ;D
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 06:07:43 PM »

You mean that haircut isn't meant to imitate a helmet?

Barbs aside, I wonder what her play is and what policy changes will result. And none of the articles and blogs out there now have any predictions yet. But I can't imagine the lying to parliament last week bodes well for the future. ... I should really be working instead of getting caught up in the (imagined) schemings of Oxbridge politicos.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 08:42:51 PM »
You mean that haircut isn't meant to imitate a helmet?

Barbs aside, I wonder what her play is and what policy changes will result. And none of the articles and blogs out there now have any predictions yet. But I can't imagine the lying to parliament last week bodes well for the future. ... I should really be working instead of getting caught up in the (imagined) schemings of Oxbridge politicos.

If I were being cynical I would be wondering if this announcement (and Cameron's fact free little spiel on Monday) may have been a way to try and offset in advance the Abu Qatada thing (they must have known that the case was going iffily at best if the reports of it were anything to go by).  At least now they might have failed, but are seen as doing something at least, whereas if they'd said or done nothing the week's main headline would have been, "government screws up again" on Abu Qatada just at the moment when they're running around like headless chickens trying to stave off UKIP.

If I were being cynical of course.  ;)

• Banned

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 08:52:57 PM »
 ;)

• Liked: 2
Re: Re: Re: Scrapping UKBA
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 09:51:47 PM »
If I were being cynical I would be wondering if this announcement (and Cameron's fact free little spiel on Monday) may have been a way to try and offset in advance the Abu Qatada thing (they must have known that the case was going iffily at best if the reports of it were anything to go by).  At least now they might have failed, but are seen as doing something at least, whereas if they'd said or done nothing the week's main headline would have been, "government screws up again" on Abu Qatada just at the moment when they're running around like headless chickens trying to stave off UKIP.

If I were being cynical of course.  ;)
Oh but that's a very big "if" ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab