Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Clarification of forms & dates please  (Read 1534 times)

• Liked: 0
Clarification of forms & dates please
« on: July 30, 2013, 08:09:28 PM »
Hi All,

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to use the right combination of search terms to find the answers.

When we moved over to the UK in 2011, all we needed was the EC998 form for our cats. Now I keep seeing a reference to an Annex II form. Are both of these forms needed, or only one of them?

If the EC998 form is still required, can we still use the 2pg Word document that is in the stickied thread at the top of the forum?

Is this the correct link to the Annex II form:
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2011:343:0065:0076:EN:PDF

Do I need to fill out the Annex I section, or just the Annex II sections? Is there a fillable pdf or Word version of the Annex II that we can use to type in the information?

I'm also a bit confused on the timing of the dates. I'm assuming since there is less than 6mo remaining before the cats need their next rabies booster, I will need to get it done early. Does that mean that they can fly 21 days from the date of this booster? And then between 1 & 10 days before flying the APHIS vet needs to endorse the EC998 or Annex II (or both?)?

Thanks for any insight/help. I thought the process would be easier to understand this time, but it still seems somewhat muddled!

• Liked: 2
Re: Clarification of forms & dates please
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 01:58:40 PM »
Here are some of the links/forms I have found as I am just starting to get myself clued up to get my own pets over! As far as I know, it is just the Annex II (Third Country Veterinary Certificate) and the UK customs form C5, take a look at the links, some of them you have to wade through to find the important info though! Good luck!  :D

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad/overview

http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/usdahome?navid=PETS&navtype=RT&parentnav=TRAVEL_RECREATION

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/regulations/vs/iregs/animals/downloads/ee_annot_comm_pts.pdf

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/c5.pdf

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 04:24:52 PM »
Here are some of the links/forms I have found as I am just starting to get myself clued up to get my own pets over! As far as I know, it is just the Annex II (Third Country Veterinary Certificate) and the UK customs form C5, take a look at the links, some of them you have to wade through to find the important info though! Good luck!  :D

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad/overview

http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/usdahome?navid=PETS&navtype=RT&parentnav=TRAVEL_RECREATION

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/regulations/vs/iregs/animals/downloads/ee_annot_comm_pts.pdf

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/c5.pdf

Sorry, just realized that I inserted the instruction page for Annex II for commercial purposes, should have been for non-commerical :)

here is the correct link!

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/regulations/vs/iregs/animals/downloads/ee_annot_non_comm_pts.pdf

• At the U2 concert!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 05:08:20 PM »
Hi there! Was reading your original post about forms and dates for sending animals to the UK and I still have that question.  I read the person who responded and looked at the forms.  I guess I just have a question abou the  APHIS 7001 Health Certificate form and the clearance from the USDA vet (which happens 10 days prior to flight).  These are two separate forms, but are they completed on the same day?

My cat has received his microchipping and rabies shot (June 2013).  He is booked to see the USDA vet on the 30th for clearance, but I feel like I'm missing something. 

Can you please clarify if possible?
First visit to US (2 weeks)- October 2009
Second visit to US (3 months)- December 2009
First visit to UK - August 2010
Second visit to UK - October 2010
Third visit to UK - December 2010 (Engaged!)
His visit to US-April 2011
Married-May 2011!!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 08:43:31 PM »
Hi there! Was reading your original post about forms and dates for sending animals to the UK and I still have that question.  I read the person who responded and looked at the forms.  I guess I just have a question abou the  APHIS 7001 Health Certificate form and the clearance from the USDA vet (which happens 10 days prior to flight).  These are two separate forms, but are they completed on the same day?

My cat has received his microchipping and rabies shot (June 2013).  He is booked to see the USDA vet on the 30th for clearance, but I feel like I'm missing something.  

Can you please clarify if possible?

There are three forms you need, none of them the APHIS 7001 (your information is old).

Your USDA-certified vet needs to fill out the Annex II (non-commercial) within 10 days of flight. The Annex II must then be endorsed ASAP by your USDA area veterinarian-in-charge (fee was $38 when I did it in April).

You must fill in the C5 customs form. Fill it in when convenient, and sign and date on the day of travel. Neither the USDA-certified vet nor the USDA area v-i-c has anything to do with customs.

Your vet needs to fill out or create a certificate of health for travel in line with the requirements set forth by your airline. The airline you've booked on/cargo service you've booked through should be able to tell you what specific information, if any, must appear. The USDA area v-i-c is not involved in this.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 10:45:45 AM by hms_seahorse »

• At the U2 concert!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 01:58:24 AM »
Thank you so much for clearing that up! :)
First visit to US (2 weeks)- October 2009
Second visit to US (3 months)- December 2009
First visit to UK - August 2010
Second visit to UK - October 2010
Third visit to UK - December 2010 (Engaged!)
His visit to US-April 2011
Married-May 2011!!!!

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 10:44:42 AM »
Thank you so much for clearing that up! :)

No worries. Sorry I missed your post/reply/question in the other thread. The so-and-so-responded-to-your-post notification doesn't always pop up when I log in.

Good luck getting the fluffball sorted!

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 05:45:32 PM »
Actually, I have just been told by United Airlines that we have to have the APHIS 7001 because our cats are 'older' cats that are 9 years old. Does the state USDA have to sign off on this form, or is it ok for just my regular vet to fill it out?

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 06:15:38 PM »
Actually, I have just been told by United Airlines that we have to have the APHIS 7001 because our cats are 'older' cats that are 9 years old. Does the state USDA have to sign off on this form, or is it ok for just my regular vet to fill it out?

The airline is asking for the APHIS 7001, in place of a generic certificate of health for travel. See page 4: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/area_offices/downloads/Preparation%20of%20Animals%20for%20International%20Travel%20FY%202012.pdf

The Annex 2 is what the animal reception centre will need to process your pet's entry. Scroll down to 'Third country official veterinary certificate': https://www.gov.uk/pet-travel-information-for-pet-owners That and the C5 customs form are all the ARC staff need.

Like I said above, you have to complete the certificate of health to the airline's specifications. (I was trying to delineate the paperwork for toongirl1892, because she didn't mention the Annex 2 at all, and the health certificate can be a general letter of endorsement by the vet or can be more extensive -- again, it's up to the airline.) Whether the airline requires you to have the APHIS 7001 endorsed by the USDA veterinarian-in-charge is up to its policies.

• Liked: 6113
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 09:18:09 PM »

When we few our two cats on United recently (end of March 2013) the APHIS 7001 was a requirement. Have your own vet fill it out at the same time as the Annex II and take those 2 forms along with the rabies certificates to the USDA vet for certification within 10 days of your flight.
The C5  customs form is the only one that the USDA vet was not involved with.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:23:42 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 03:18:35 AM »

When we few our two cats on United recently (end of March 2013) the APHIS 7001 was a requirement. Have your own vet fill it out at the same time as the Annex II and take those 2 forms along with the rabies certificates to the USDA vet for certification within 10 days of your flight.
The C5  customs form is the only one that the USDA vet was not involved with.

Thanks very much larrabee!

Did United also tell you that your cats had to have a liver & kidney screening? I was told that due to their age - they are 9 - that they had to have more extensive health check. I hadn't heard of that before, but I guess the airlines can dictate these things. It's a darn good thing my step-sister is a vet and can give me a bit of a discount off her normal prices!

• Liked: 6113
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 08:53:38 AM »
Thanks very much larrabee!

Did United also tell you that your cats had to have a liver & kidney screening? I was told that due to their age - they are 9 - that they had to have more extensive health check. I hadn't heard of that before, but I guess the airlines can dictate these things. It's a darn good thing my step-sister is a vet and can give me a bit of a discount off her normal prices!

You're welcome!

Although one of our cats was 17, (the other 6) at the time of travel, that is not something that we were asked for, nor have I read of anyone else being asked for it.
Were you told that by the petsafe desk at United? When I was first trying to get to grips with the requirements, I had to call them several times because, in all honesty, it seemed that the people there were doing little more than reading from a script and had no real understanding of the process.
Although this may be/must be a recently introduced requirement, I would call back to clarify.

You might also consider a trip to the United Cargo depot as they are the people who receive your cats and paperwork and ultimately give the go ahead for your cats to travel on the day. I did this and got a lot more sense out of them than I did from the petsafe desk.
Ultimately, though, if there is any doubt at all, I would go ahead and get these screenings done as you are correct, the airline can ask for whatever they want to.

In looking at the Aphis 7001 form, there is a section  for "other vaccinations, treatment and/or tests and results."  I presume that the results if they are  required would be recorded here (another question to ask petsafe and the cargo people!). On our forms our vet had recorded FVRCP, FeLV in that section.

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 12:43:42 PM »
Just a little heads up, I had an appointment for yesterday to bring my dog & cat in to get microchipped, start the forms etc... On Tuesday, I thought, let me just call the USDA office in Albany & double check that my vet is actually a USDA vet, turns out he isn't!
I could have had him do the microchipping, rabies, tapeworm, etc, but would have had to go to a different vet, that was an actual USDA vet to ask them to please sign off on the microchipping, rabies, tapeworm, etc. that a different vet did to my pets, but do you mind putting your name on this paperwork by the way? Please?
But I decided to try to make things simpler, I cancelled the original vet appointment and am now going to a different vet's office today that is a USDA vet so I am not running round in circles with paperwork in my hand, well, anymore circles then I already am!
I thought that vets are commonly, accredited/certified (whatever it is called) with/by the USDA! Apparently not...
So check your vet before you start all the paperwork  :)

Sponsored Links