Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hate moving  (Read 1280 times)

• Liked: 0
Hate moving
« on: November 24, 2014, 01:37:48 PM »
Hubs and I live in a great location and good rent price. BUT - the land lord sucks. She won't fix anything and generally unresponsive. So you have to live with crud for the cheap rent. Ok. I can do that as Hubs and I don't make that much. BUT! Our two room mates are hell. Seriously. I don't want to disgust anyone here by being explicit of their issues but they have many.

I'm just tired of our food/things being stolen, the house stink* and the general unease and creepiness of one of our room mates that we've come to the conclusion probably has hidden cameras installed.  ::)

Why can't people be normal? I mean C'mon! Is it too hard to ask? I know the rent is cheap but... good gravy! Now Hubs and I are going to be paying 500-600 more a month to live in a studio or one bedroom by ourselves. I want to live by ourselves, don't get me wrong. It's just not in the budget right now, cheap rent is where it is at. But you know, somethings you just can't deal with anymore...  [smiley=puke.gif]

Thanks for listening/reading!

*Room mate wears same clothes everyday, bathes once every 3 weeks and washes clothes once a month)
Keepin' it real. Real annoying.

• Liked: 9
Re: Hate moving
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 08:54:47 PM »
You would think the stinky one would be able to have a whiff of exactly what is wrong with the same clothes/bathing every 3rd week and laundry once a month routine.

Between the stench and the creepy factor, in addition to things not being fixed, I'd lose my mind.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 01:20:49 PM »
At my work we have these febreeze airfreshners. They have made the waiting room and upstairs to the offices smell wonderful. So I bought one and put it by his door two weeks ago. It does nothing. It tries...

I told DH I want to write a story... "The little air freshener that could". But unfortunately in this tale there is no happy ending.

I'm pretty sure he knows he stinks but just won't do anything about it. One time we saw into his bedroom - he comes home and sits at his computer desk all day. (Doesn't talk to anyone, go anywhere, have any friends over) anyway, surrounding his desk was a mountain of take out boxes and food on the floor.  :o I recall an episode of hoarders where a house was in such a condition that the floor actually rotted out. I'm waiting for him and his pile of trash to come crashing down from the ceiling one day LOL!  [smiley=freak.gif] It's irritating but DH and I try to have a laugh about it because that's all you can do while we find another place.

• Liked: 18
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 01:27:30 PM »
I wonder if the UK equivalent for the US Dept. of Health and Safety would be interested in an anonymous phone call regarding an unhealthy living situation....

... Come to think of it, I'm not all that sure that the US Dept. of Health and Safety deals with such things - perhaps the local fire department?

I'd sure be tempted anyway.  That sounds like an awful and very unhealthy living situation to me.  :-X
Here 2 years as of Oct. 1, 2016.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 04:44:43 PM »
I think in the US it's social services that handles those types of things? Not really sure if that exists here, it has to though. Adult services? Although he's only abusing himself I guess not the victim of abuse through neglect? He's just eww. So many stories on this weirdo. Maybe there is a UK equivalent of hoarders or just a show about gross people. I can make an anonymous call to come film here  ;D

• Liked: 533
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 05:29:03 PM »
I told DH I want to write a story... "The little air freshener that could". But unfortunately in this tale there is no happy ending.

I am thinking of sequels already

The little air freshener that could II: Once more into the breach

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 02:53:26 PM »
 ;)

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 03:06:03 PM »
That was a long time to wait....

I had actually written up a little script:

Voice over: In a world where only one air freshener could survive.....

Little Air Freshener: Get back to da choppa...

Voice over: Where the fate of....

Little Air Freshener: Get down!!! Get down!!
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 03:14:21 PM »
Little Air Freshener: Listen, I can't go back in there....I've been in there....you don't know what it's like!"

Morgan Freeman: We each have our own spiritual journey to make. I can't order you back in there....but if you look deep you can find your own path to....

Little Air Freshener: For you Uncle Henry....I can do anything...

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 03:40:02 PM »
Sorry, busy, irritating week  :P

You know it's going to be a good film when Morgan Freeman's voice makes an appearance  :D

I hope little air freshener will be OK, but I think we know how this story ends.  :\\\'(

• Liked: 18
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 07:26:43 PM »
I am thinking of sequels already

The little air freshener that could II: Once more into the breach

I did actually consider a response to this, but kept coming up with; 'don't you mean, in with the bleach?'......

And, it just felt a bit anemic as responses go.....

:-*   ;)

Here 2 years as of Oct. 1, 2016.

• Liked: 9
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 12:34:14 AM »
And now, here I sit, worried about the little air freshener. I am just glad Morgan Freeman is there with him, even if in voice only.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 2
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2014, 02:14:14 AM »
At my work we have these febreeze airfreshners. They have made the waiting room and upstairs to the offices smell wonderful. So I bought one and put it by his door two weeks ago. It does nothing. It tries...

At my last job, we had a boss who came in from Florida every 4-6 weeks.  One time, I went to the receptionist's desk, and noticed a horrible smell (BO).  I tried to find the source, and my nose took me to a jacket hanging 8-9 feet away.  Later that day, I found out it was my department's boss's jacket.  

He smelled so bad that we had Febreze the office and chair he used.  We had to do the Febreze/full sun ritual with the chair 4 times, before it was fit for another human being to use.  He got nicknamed "Stinky Phil," due to his odor.  Reading your story reminded me of him, and how happy I am that I don't have to deal with him anymore.

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2014, 08:09:59 AM »
Eww! I'm glad for your sake he only came in every 4-6 weeks.  [smiley=dead.gif]

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab