Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Xmas goodies.....nom nom nom......  (Read 2332 times)

• Glenn's Sports Collection Want List
  • Liked: 1
Xmas goodies.....nom nom nom......
« on: November 20, 2012, 02:05:18 PM »
Just taken delivery of a large order from The Stateside Candy Co (http://www.americansweets.co.uk/). A couple times a year, a bunch of us here in the office in Glasgow pool our resources and get a big box of goodies.

My portion of today's haul - for use over the Xmas season - included a 12 pack of A&W root beer, a 12 pack of Welchs Grape soda, a large bag of buffalo wing sunflower seeds, 2 jars of bread & butter pickles, 2 large bag of tootsie roll midgees, 2 boxes of candy canes (blueberry & watermelon flavor), 3 pans of Jiffy Pop, a jar of Hooters 3 Mile Island extra hot wing sauce, a jar of Pain Is Good Hott Nutts, and 2 large bags of Blair's Death Rain Habanero Potato Chips (the hottest chips I've ever had).

Which particular American products do you plan to have on hand over the festive season?

Glenn

• Liked: 2
Re: Xmas goodies.....nom nom nom......
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 02:35:18 PM »
I know this is a weird one, but my family has ALWAYS (I'm talking from before I was born) ALWAYS had clam dip out for munching on for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I couldn't find minced clams anywhere...so my mum shipped me over 4 cans of Snows minced clams...and about 12 packets of Good Seasons Dressing mix which we also use as a dip.  Everything else we typically have, I have found here...or if I can't find, can make myself :)
09/08/2011-Glyn leaves for UK
01/30/2012-Biometrics for UK spousal & dependent visas sent out w/ application same day
02/03/2012-Email from UK Consul General application needs further processing will receive decision within 10 working days.
02/09/2012-Request for more payslips and custody papers for daughter.
02/22/2012-Submit the requested documents with prayers.
02/24/2012-UK settlement visas issued :)
03/12/2012-Arrive in MAN UK :)

• Liked: 585
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 04:57:24 PM »
Just taken delivery of a large order from The Stateside Candy Co (http://www.americansweets.co.uk/). A couple times a year, a bunch of us here in the office in Glasgow pool our resources and get a big box of goodies.

My portion of today's haul - for use over the Xmas season - included a 12 pack of A&W root beer, a 12 pack of Welchs Grape soda, a large bag of buffalo wing sunflower seeds, 2 jars of bread & butter pickles, 2 large bag of tootsie roll midgees, 2 boxes of candy canes (blueberry & watermelon flavor), 3 pans of Jiffy Pop, a jar of Hooters 3 Mile Island extra hot wing sauce, a jar of Pain Is Good Hott Nutts, and 2 large bags of Blair's Death Rain Habanero Potato Chips (the hottest chips I've ever had).

WOW.. Just imagining the cost!!!

Which particular American products do you plan to have on hand over the festive season?

None, apart from  Hidden Valley Ranch.  One of my work colleagues is in New Jersey at the moment, and she is bringing me back some packets.

Re: Re: Xmas goodies.....nom nom nom......
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 05:00:55 PM »
Tracey,

And not a single beer in sight apart from the "root" variety. 

About £70 delivered.  Got to treat myself once in a while!

G

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 05:05:47 PM »
Not as dear as I'd imagined... nice one!  :)

We'll be taking delivery of our 2 crates of German Christmas beers and a wee sneaky special delivery of Harvey's Christmas Ale (7.5%, i think) that HB doesn't know about yet...

Need to meet up with you in the Pot Still or someplace; sometime before the 'amateurus drinkerus' season starts! 

• Mummy of Jean Kathleen and Thomas Patrick
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 09:08:34 AM »
Have the candy canes already and will soon be making pumpkin bread and my mom's coffee cake and some peppermint bark.  Heard a Tesco's nearby has Hershey Kisses so might make a kisses Christmas Tree with my kids.

https://www.hersheys.com/celebrate/holidays/craftdetail.aspx?id=79
Maroon Passport Club!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 849
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »
I've brought myself a box of Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes back to Scotland with me!  Mmmm, guilty pleasure!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »
Thinking of buying a tub of Marshmallow Fluff and making the 'Never Fail Fudge' recipe on the label.  I will probably talk myself out of it, though. 

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 02:51:58 PM »
Thinking of buying a tub of Marshmallow Fluff and making the 'Never Fail Fudge' recipe on the label.  I will probably talk myself out of it, though. 

I always fail to make that cause I eat the fluff LOL and now I have to fight my 4 year old daughter for it!
Maroon Passport Club!

Re: Re: Xmas goodies.....nom nom nom......
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 04:29:03 PM »
Try mixing the Fluff with philadelphia cream cheese, then use it as a dip for fresh fruit. Amazing.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 08:20:21 AM »
mmmm made Mom's coffee cake last night. put one loaf in freezer and working our way through second already!
Maroon Passport Club!

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 04:42:34 PM »

Made the Never Fail chocolate fudge this morning, for my man to take to his office in the morning. Scraping the bowl clean was delicious!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 849
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 06:29:43 PM »
Made the Never Fail chocolate fudge this morning, for my man to take to his office in the morning. Scraping the bowl clean was delicious!

Mmmmmmm!  It really is never fail fudge!,
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 9
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 09:55:58 PM »
I didn't necessarily have American treats to have at Christmas, although there were things I'd miss each year. Now that we are back in the States, however, I make sure to bring some McVittie's Ginger Nuts and some mince pies back with me when we visit in the late autumn, or the first half of December, as it was this year. I could make mince pies, or buy them from a bakery here, but there is something about bringing them back that makes me happier.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2015, 06:06:05 PM »
I just paid a small fortune for a box of Triscuits... gave one to my OH, and he now agrees they are the best cracker in the world, ever.  We're currently thinking of lovely things to adorn them with!

Sponsored Links