Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: visa violation???  (Read 475 times)

• Liked: 56
visa violation???
« on: July 31, 2017, 09:22:56 PM »
Hi everyone.
I was hoping to not have to bother anyone about anything for awhile now that I've got my extension visa. However, something has come up at my job that I was hoping to get some thoughts on.
So first off, I'm an archaeologist. I worked last year in a small company based out of the city in which my husband and I live. Unfortunately, they couldn't renew my contract after November because of lack of work. I waited for things to pick up for them, but it was taking too long and I needed a paycheck so I took a job with another company based out of Wales. In archaeology, this is common as you work at the site locations, not the office. You get sent on what are called away jobs....where you are down where the work is during the week, accommodation and subsistence allowance is provided by the company, and you go home on weekends.

This is what I have been doing for the past three months. I live in my city with my husband. We just bought a house (although only his name is on it, I'm a declared legal occupier - we have this as a legal document as well because the mortgage wanted it). I come home every weekend and even still pick up some Saturday shifts at my casual job at home.
While I was a bit worried this was in a grey area in regards to my visa and needing to cohabit with my husband/sponsor - I decided not to worry about it. I have no postal address on location....we are being housed in caravans....I have not registered for anything (gp/dentist/etc) down here. I was hoping no one would have to know to question it.
However....the client is now talking about requiring everyone to sign in and out of work via biometrics instead of signatures. And apparently, if they decide to go ahead with it, it will be mandatory and anyone refusing will not be allowed on site - meaning I might get fired if I refuse. My supervisor says that it will be for their own accounts and will not be shared with any government office. But how can we be sure of that?
I'm worried if my biometrics are taken five days a week until probably October 200 miles from home, that it will turn out that I am in violation of my visa. I don't live here....I live with my husband in our house in our city. But I don't know how Home Office will feel about it. My supervisor said if its an issue, they may be able to write a letter in my defense saying that this is not my residence and it is a temporary situation for work. But I still don't know if that will matter.
I saw a similar thread a few days ago where a woman's sponsor was doing the week's commute, but I can't find it to see what solution you guys may have come up with. Any thoughts for my situation? I really don't want to quit my job because it is a good company and honestly, this is just how archaeology works. :-(
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

• Liked: 3598
Re: visa violation???
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 09:30:06 PM »
It's fine - nothing to worry about. I don't even see what giving your biometrics at work has to do with anything... it won't be shared with anyone else and it's not like UKVI will see it anyway.

You are still permanently living with your husband, and all your mail goes to your permanent address... which is what you show for your relationship evidence anyway.

As long as you have a good reason for working away from home and you can show your relationship has been subsisting for the whole length of your visa, it won't affect your current or next visa in any way.

I saw a similar thread a few days ago where a woman's sponsor was doing the week's commute, but I can't find it to see what solution you guys may have come up with. Any thoughts for my situation? I really don't want to quit my job because it is a good company and honestly, this is just how archaeology works. :-(

Someone just asked this question this evening and I answered it... there's no 'solution' needed because it's not an issue.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:32:07 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 56
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 09:35:30 PM »
Thanks so much for the reassurance!  I really do love my job, even though I am missing my husband a lot. I guess I was just thinking that all biometrics are connected somehow. Forgive me, archaeologists tend to be big conspiracy theorists. LOL. Thanks again!
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

• Liked: 3598
visa violation😧
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 09:40:55 PM »
I guess I was just thinking that all biometrics are connected somehow.

Nope - the only biometrics they check are the ones you submit to them when you apply for a visa.

I assume all your company are doing is identifying you by your fingerprints instead of your signature.

People use their 'biometrics' (fingerprints) for things all the time... I use mine to unlock my phone every single day
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 07:35:02 AM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 533
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 06:43:40 AM »
Forgive me, archaeologists tend to be big conspiracy theorists. LOL. Thanks again!

My favourite Time Team has one of the archeologists pronounce "dog cult!" when they find some canine bones in a pit.

Maybe in a way everything is a ritual.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 4991
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 07:33:41 AM »
Completely allowed.

Biometrics are simply fingerprint identification.  It's not a network or anything.  We use biometrics to get in and out of our daughter's nursery!   :D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab