Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Lowestoft-area-specific information  (Read 851 times)

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
  • Liked: 0
Lowestoft-area-specific information
« on: December 16, 2004, 12:55:15 AM »
A few days ago, I posted at the Welcome Wagon saying that my SO (soon to be husband) and I would be relocating to Suffolk around the end of March or April. We now know that his job is in Lowestoft and that we will be staying the first month in Beccles. My first task will be to find us a permanent place to live.  We're told that we might not want to live in Lowestoft, that this city has had some hard times. On the other hand, I am an artist, a textile designer to be specific (I'll have full working privileges), and I have been finding a lot of art sites based in Lowestoft. I'm wondering if  the UK is like the US in that, here, once the artists start moving into an area, it goes into a really strong upswing. So....I'm interested in any and all information on the general area. Where would you chose to live if your job was there? Are there, perhaps, old shipping warehouses or such being transformed into working artists lofts? Is there a sizable arts community in Lowestoft, and are they selling to a local market or traveling to shows and galleries to show? I thank you very much for your help.

Donna

• Liked: 0
Re: Lowestoft-area-specific information
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 08:50:20 AM »
Hi Donna,Can't help too much with any specifics but we go to Lowestoft every year as my brother in law lives there.Its quite a pleasant little town,nice sea front,excellent shopping areas for a small place.Gets very busy in summer as there are quite a few holiday camps nearby.My BIL is not on the net,but is coming here to visit just after Christmas, so if you need any info let me know and I will be happy to ask then pass it on.

Dave
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.
Ernest Benn

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab