Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Acceptable FLR M cohabitation letters  (Read 629 times)

• Liked: 2
Acceptable FLR M cohabitation letters
« on: March 27, 2018, 08:42:22 AM »
Hi everyone,

Was hoping if someone can please shed some light on a question I have regarding acceptable letters for FLR M cohabitation section.

One of the letters we get in our joint name is an invoice payment letter for our child's nursery.

The letter appears to be issued by the city council on behalf of the nursery. The letter is on a city council headed paper, has the council logo etc. It basically looks very similar to the council tax letter, the only difference is that it's a nursery payment rather than council tax.

Is this form of letter still acceptable? The guidance says council tax bill/statement is acceptable, but I'm not sure if other letters issued by the council are acceptable too (like the nursery one).

Any advice will be greatly appreciated  :).

Thanks

• Liked: 6112
Re: Acceptable FLR M cohabitation letters
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 08:46:40 AM »
It will probably be fine but having said that, I would only use it of you can't come up with something else on the list for that period. Remember you only need 3 different sources so you can repeat a fair amount.

• Liked: 4990
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 08:47:14 AM »
I would think that that would be fine (if unable to find any utility bills or bank statements, etc.)

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 09:56:23 AM »
Thanks for your replies.

The only reason I'm needing to use it is that we have a large gap between February 2017 and March 2018 where we don't have many joint letters. The main letters we have for this period are for the applicant. The following is what we're planning to submit, and would really appreciate it if you can have a look just to make sure we don't have large gaps or issues:

October-2015: Council tax (joint).
December-2015: National Insurance Number (applicant).
February-2016: Water bill (joint).
July-2016: Bank statement (sponsor).
September-2016: Council tax (joint).
December-2016: NHS letter for our child examination result (joint).
February-2017: Water bill (joint).
April-2017: NHS letter confirming screening test result (applicant).
June-2017: HMRC tax code letter (sponsor).
December-2017: Nursery invoice for payment (joint). This is the letter I mentioned in this thread.
March-2018: Water bill (joint).

• Liked: 6112
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 10:30:49 AM »
Where you have an item in a single name, you should ideally have another single name item from the same month for the other person, not a completely different month. The point is to show you were at the same place at the same time.

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 11:17:57 AM »
Where you have an item in a single name, you should ideally have another single name item from the same month for the other person, not a completely different month. The point is to show you were at the same place at the same time.

Thanks for your reply.

Would you say it's then best if I remove most of the single name items, and try for find two single name items for mid-2017 so that it covers the gap between February-2017 and December-2017?

Thanks

Sponsored Links