Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Citizenship Professional Referee  (Read 426 times)

• Liked: 2
Citizenship Professional Referee
« on: May 01, 2018, 06:07:31 PM »
Hi all,

I’m working on finding a professional referee for my citizenship application. I have a few friends educated to a doctorate level but none hold the job qualifications it seems are needed to be a professional referee. I -think- one of my friends qualifies as he is a lecturer at a university, however he is not sure if he can be counted as his contract is temporary. I don’t think this should matter, and if it does that seems unfair to those of us in the North East (most people I know are on 6 month revolving temporary contracts). Do you think he qualifies?

edit: on the university website in his bio it lists previous lecturer job at another university, and his current title at this university is ‘teaching fellow’. he has a doctorate in his field.

Thanks,
Pam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 06:21:09 PM by bergamotclove »

• Liked: 4993
Re: Citizenship Professional Referee
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 06:19:58 PM »
I’ve not heard that a temporary contract isn’t allowed and I do not see that in the guidance.  Where are you finding that information?

• Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 06:23:02 PM »
I’ve not heard that a temporary contract isn’t allowed and I do not see that in the guidance.  Where are you finding that information?

It wasn’t in the guidance (but to be fair not much is); it was just what he said to me when I asked if he could be a referee. I didn’t know if it would make a difference or not.

• Liked: 4993
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 06:31:07 PM »
It wasn’t in the guidance (but to be fair not much is); it was just what he said to me when I asked if he could be a referee. I didn’t know if it would make a difference or not.

He’s fine.  Being a permanent employee is not a requirement.

Sponsored Links