Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Citizenship biometrics  (Read 3917 times)

• Liked: 77
Re: Citizenship biometrics
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2023, 07:55:28 PM »
Thanks to both larrabee and Sirius for the feedback! Kind of kicking myself now for not thinking to obtain and provide the letter from the outset, I may have a decision at this point if I had. Hopefully soon though! 🤞
Applied from Sin City, USA
Submitted online priority spouse visa Nov 2nd
Biometrics appointment completed Nov 6th
Package mailed to Sheffield Nov 6th
Received in Sheffield & e-mail received Nov 8th
Decision e-mail received Dec 5th
Approved or denied?    Approved!  Received Dec 7th

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2023, 10:46:57 PM »
Just wanted to give a heads up that I got the e-mail today inviting me to book my citizenship ceremony.  So I had my biometrics July 19th, so it was exactly 3 months.  It would have been sooner had they not needed me to provide some further information, but I'll take it!  Have to ring the registrar tomorrow and see when they have a booking available, but finally it's nearly over!

• Liked: 6116
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2023, 05:16:39 AM »
Just wanted to give a heads up that I got the e-mail today inviting me to book my citizenship ceremony.  So I had my biometrics July 19th, so it was exactly 3 months.  It would have been sooner had they not needed me to provide some further information, but I'll take it!  Have to ring the registrar tomorrow and see when they have a booking available, but finally it's nearly over!

Great news! Congratulations!

• Liked: 248
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2023, 11:28:39 AM »
Congratulations!

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2023, 03:38:22 PM »
Thanks!

I rang the office and they have a availability for Monday so my appointment is set for 11:30am. Exciting! 🇬🇧

• Liked: 347
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2023, 02:52:46 PM »

I rang the office and they have a availability for Monday so my appointment is set for 11:30am. Exciting! 🇬🇧

Congratulations.

Have you looked to see the time it is taking for a first British adult passport in country ATM?  As soon as you swear your oath, you get your naturalisation certificate and can then apply for your British Citizen passport (for the first of your planned holidays).

Don't forget to return your BRP after you have naturalised.

• Liked: 56
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2023, 08:08:39 PM »
Congratulations!!!!! Happy it wasn't too long of a wait for you.

Out of curiosity, what email address did the email come from? I can't help but think that I'll miss it and accidentally delete it lol
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2023, 09:17:48 PM »
Congratulations.

Have you looked to see the time it is taking for a first British adult passport in country ATM?  As soon as you swear your oath, you get your naturalisation certificate and can then apply for your British Citizen passport (for the first of your planned holidays).

Don't forget to return your BRP after you have naturalised.
Thanks!  The ceremony went great and it was actually something that made me feel more proud than expected.  The woman who did it really takes it seriously and that made it more impactful.  So well done to Barbara at the Bishop Auckland office.   :)

Well I joined a group on Facebook and the times for the passport vary.  It's looking like upwards of 30 days for first time UK adult passports who require an interview.  From what some people were saying, not everyone is selected for a video interview, which may or may not be true, I'm not sure.  It's kind of anecdotal since it's Facebook stuff. I'm supposed to fly on December 17th, which is 55 days away.  So with any luck I'll have a little breathing room.

I got my passport application all submitted, my identity confirmed, and first thing in the morning I'll be down at the post office to send off my certificate and my US passport.  I'm paying a bit extra to have it "guaranteed" by 1pm the next day, so theoretically it'll be there Wednesday afternoon. 

And yes thank you, I will remember to cut up the BRP and get it sent in.  Don't want to get in trouble not long after becoming a full fledged Brit :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 07:50:40 AM by lvjeremylv »

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2023, 09:22:57 PM »
Congratulations!!!!! Happy it wasn't too long of a wait for you.

Out of curiosity, what email address did the email come from? I can't help but think that I'll miss it and accidentally delete it lol
I got 2 e-mails.  The first came on the 19th from the local office where I had to book the appointment, and the second one came from Home Office just this morning (23rd) when we were on our way to the ceremony.  When I called and booked my ceremony on Friday morning, the woman told me the one from Home Office might not come before the ceremony, but to bring it in the event that it did.  But she said it wasn't a big deal, and so long as I had one of them, that would be fine.  She explained that the home office ones go out in bunches so often times they don't go out at the same time as the ones from the local offices.  If I explained that right, lol.

The local office one was from BishopAucklandRegisterOffice@durham.gov.uk and the subject was FW: Citizenship Ceremony Invitation

The home office one was home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk and the subject was Application Update

• Liked: 56
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2023, 05:58:03 AM »
I got 2 e-mails.  The first came on the 19th from the local office where I had to book the appointment, and the second one came from Home Office just this morning (23rd) when we were on our way to the ceremony.  When I called and booked my ceremony on Friday morning, the woman told me the one from Home Office might not come before the ceremony, but to bring it in the event that it did.  But she said it wasn't a big deal, and so long as I had one of them, that would be fine.  She explained that the home office ones go out in bunches so often times they don't go out at the same time as the ones from the local offices.  If I explained that right, lol.

The local office one was from BishopAucklandRegisterOffice@durham.gov.uk and the subject was FW: Citizenship Ceremony Invitation

The home office one was home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk and the subject was Application Update

Thanks so much for that! I wasn't sure what to look out for. My ILR response came from an address beginning with "UKVI", so I've been keeping an eye out for that. I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything ending in gov.uk. Thanks so much!
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2023, 06:12:28 AM »
Have you looked to see the time it is taking for a first British adult passport in country ATM? 
For timeline purposes and for anyone interested, I submitted my passport application online on Monday October 23rd, and had it in my hands on November 1st.  So a turnaround time of 9 days.  Very impressive work by HMPO.

• Liked: 736
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2023, 08:52:55 AM »
Congratulations on getting your citizenship and then on getting your first British Passport passport so quickly.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab