Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Application Planning  (Read 3403 times)

• Liked: 6116
Re: ILR Application Planning
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2023, 05:57:26 AM »
OK i shall change our selection.

Just need to clarify the below question

In which category are you applying for indefinite leave to remain?

Do we select the 5 year route? or the 2 year route?

A. Partner of a person present and settled in the UK - 5-year route

B. Parent of a child present and settled in the UK - 5-year route

C. Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK - 2-year route

D. Civil partner of a person present and settled in the UK - 2-year route

E. Unmarried partner of a person present and settled in the UK - 2-year route

F. Same sex partner of a person present and settled in the UK - 2-year route

You choose 5 year route. 

• Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2023, 01:30:27 PM »
Thank you for clarifying and confirminf.

As always it's really appreciated.

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2023, 09:12:11 AM »

Also, a quick question will I or my wife be required to also add a covering letter at all?

• Liked: 6116
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2023, 12:25:41 PM »
Also, a quick question will I or my wife be required to also add a covering letter at all?

Only if you have something to explain.

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2023, 04:51:43 PM »
What address's  for visa home office do we add?

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2023, 11:47:09 PM »

Just a quick question before we submit the ILR Application, if have just had a baby,are we required to submit an application for the baby too as a dependant child at all?

Hope to hear from you soon

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2023, 04:01:04 AM »
Just a quick question before we submit the ILR Application, if have just had a baby,are we required to submit an application for the baby too as a dependant child at all?

Hope to hear from you soon
No, because your baby is a UK citizen and doesn’t need a dependent visa to live in the UK.

However, you will need to enter the baby’s details on the application form where it asks if either of you have any children, and you’ll need to include their birth certificate and a letter dated in the last 3 months confirming the baby’s address (I.e. from the GP/hospital). You are also supposed to include the baby’s UK passport, but if they don’t have one yet, just explain this on the application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2023, 12:00:01 PM »
No, because your baby is a UK citizen and doesn’t need a dependent visa to live in the UK.

However, you will need to enter the baby’s details on the application form where it asks if either of you have any children, and you’ll need to include their birth certificate and a letter dated in the last 3 months confirming the baby’s address (I.e. from the GP/hospital). You are also supposed to include the baby’s UK passport, but if they don’t have one yet, just explain this on the application.

Thanks for the above info and advise, its only asking the below below questions on the online form. I'm i missing something or have i filled in incorrectly ? Its not asking for our Childs birth certificate or any other document addressed to the baby?

Only the below questions :

Do you and your partner have any children together? Yes
Do you have any children whose parent is not your partner? No
Does your partner have any children living in the UK from a previous relationship? No

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2023, 03:47:43 PM »
It should ask for those documents in the document checklist at the end of the application form.

They do need to be included though - in the past, when they have not been included, UKVI has had to contact the applicants to request the required documents be sent to them… which can slow down the processing time.

The reason those documents need to be included for children is that if the visa falls for refusal and they look at whether you qualify to be put onto the 10-year path to ILR instead of leaving the UK, they will usually only allow it if you have a UK citizen child living in the UK whose life would be severely impacted if you had to return to your home country.

I can’t see the online form myself without completing an application, but here is some of the document guidance from the old SET(M) paper form (2018). The document requirements have not changed since then:

Link to the paper form:
http://bingham.butterworths.co.uk/PDF/level1/hosetm.pdf

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab