Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: You know you're getting old when  (Read 1195 times)

• Liked: 686
You know you're getting old when
« on: June 17, 2024, 11:15:13 PM »
you realize that the heart-throb of a singer you had a massive crush on when you were in high school has just turned 75. And looks like someone's great-grandfather.  ::)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 07:55:38 PM by Nan D. »

• Liked: 111
Re: You know you're getting old when
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2024, 06:28:24 PM »
I heard Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam perform on television about a year ago and he still has that gorgeous voice, even at his “advancing years”, I think that matters more. To be fair, he looks amazing for his age and is still pretty good looking, to me.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2024, 10:17:17 PM »
Hi Lorena.

Yep, for 75 he's pretty well-preserved. Hollywood-dentist teeth and all.  ;)

I heard him performing "Morning Has Broken" on a recent video and did hear some wobbles that were not there when he was younger - he hit some notes but almost lost the pitch just ever so slightly at first. Recovered splendidly, of course. And some of the power is gone from his voice.  His voice does sound like an older man's voice, these days, to me. Which isn't bad and is totally appropriate, as none of us are what we were 50+ years ago, after all.

He was due to play an outdoor concert in Glasgow when Covid hit and everything was cancelled. That was so annoying - I'd been waiting decades to get to hear him live. Of course, I was going to be sitting on a blanket on the grass outside the venue, but it would have counted! Not meant to be.  ::)

• Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2024, 04:55:47 PM »
Just saw him last night singing live with Roger Waters and Lowkey at the Stand for Palestine event in Central London. He sang It's a Wild World was just fabulous!! Still a hearthrob for sure :)

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2024, 09:57:20 PM »
Glad to hear it!  ;D

Sponsored Links