Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Documents confusion/questions  (Read 1648 times)

• Liked: 8
ILR Documents confusion/questions
« on: June 03, 2024, 11:29:31 AM »
Questions THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL HELP, you are much appreciated
Hi there!

A quick background: I am a self employed performer making UNDER the threshold by myself. My husband is a British citizen, and is currently in negotiations as to when his promotion at his current job will begin (significant salary increase but we met the threshold before regardless)

I was granted my first spousal visa and allowed to enter July 25, 2019

Now for the questions for ILR documents and such:

-I am allowed to submit my application 28 days prior to this, correct? So if I were to submit say on July 4th, that's ok?

-for submitting my bank statemtents showing my income is paid into my account, do i need to highlight those payments and include it with my spreadsheet of invoices to match?

-for evidence of ongoing self-employment within 3 months: as a performer, my work is sporadic, so the only incoming funds within the last 3 months will be 1 payment... is printing out that statement/invoice sufficient?

-for my self employment "audited accounts" as a performer, will my accountant's statement of accounts suffice? or my yearly tax summary?

-For my husband's salary, he's in the midst of a promotion, so his bank statements, so I'm asking if his letter from his employer will state both previous and current salaries to match up his bank statements, is that sufficient?

**** SHARED OWNERSHIP
-There's a section asking if we own or rent - we do both, so I'm not sure what to put... my inclination is check "own" and when it asks for mortgage I add both our "rent" and mortgage for the amount we pay. Is that correct? And then our supporting documents will include both mortgage and rent payments

-Documents supporting other reasons to stay in the UK : do I put my daughter's birth certificate? maybe a letter from my stepdaughter's mother stating I am an important part of her life and it would cause distress if I were to leave?

-For husband's proof of settled status, is a photocopy of all pages of his passport necessary or just the main bit?

-It asks for my current BRP ...i have one but i also now have an E-visa.... so will that be an issue sending in my physical card when I already have an e-visa?

-LAST ONE: it says we must provide our original passport but it says not to send anything... I'm confused... do we just take it and relinquish it at our BRP appointment?
Married April 3, 2019 (Gibraltar)

Re: ILR Documents confusion/questions
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2024, 06:41:53 AM »
Anyone?

• Liked: 3598
ILR Documents confusion/questions
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2024, 04:22:25 PM »
-I am allowed to submit my application 28 days prior to this, correct? So if I were to submit say on July 4th, that's ok?

Yes, that’s fine.

-for submitting my bank statemtents showing my income is paid into my account, do i need to highlight those payments and include it with my spreadsheet of invoices to match?

If your husband’s income meets the requirement, then only use his income for the application. On the form, only fill out his employment information and leave yours blank.

Self-employment income is an extremely tricky category to get right and requires many more documents than employment income, so we advise against using it unless it’s an absolute last resort.

-for evidence of ongoing self-employment within 3 months: as a performer, my work is sporadic, so the only incoming funds within the last 3 months will be 1 payment... is printing out that statement/invoice sufficient?

-for my self employment "audited accounts" as a performer, will my accountant's statement of accounts suffice? or my yearly tax summary?

As above, I would not include your income at all, so you don’t need to worry about providing any documents.

-For my husband's salary, he's in the midst of a promotion, so his bank statements, so I'm asking if his letter from his employer will state both previous and current salaries to match up his bank statements, is that sufficient?

They will only consider the lowest salary he has been paid in the past 6 months, but the employer letter should mention his promotion, the starting date of the new salary and both the old and new salaries.

**** SHARED OWNERSHIP
-There's a section asking if we own or rent - we do both, so I'm not sure what to put... my inclination is check "own" and when it asks for mortgage I add both our "rent" and mortgage for the amount we pay. Is that correct? And then our supporting documents will include both mortgage and rent payments

Yes, tick the option that you own your property, but you will include both the rent and mortgage documents.

-Documents supporting other reasons to stay in the UK : do I put my daughter's birth certificate? maybe a letter from my stepdaughter's mother stating I am an important part of her life and it would cause distress if I were to leave?

In the section about children, you have to include the following documents for each child living in the U.K.:
- birth certificate
- passport
- letter dated in the last 3 months confirming their address (I.e. from their school or GP)

That should be all you need.

-For husband's proof of settled status, is a photocopy of all pages of his passport necessary or just the main bit?

I would include every page from his current passport

-It asks for my current BRP ...i have one but i also now have an E-visa.... so will that be an issue sending in my physical card when I already have an e-visa?

I wouldn’t think so, as the e-visas don’t officially come into effect until January 1st 2025 - until that date, your BRP should still be valid. I’m not sure how they will issue your ILR. If it is granted before January 2025, it may be issued as a BRP, or they may issue it as an e-visa.

You don’t send the BRP at all, you just scan and upload it.

-LAST ONE: it says we must provide our original passport but it says not to send anything... I'm confused... do we just take it and relinquish it at our BRP appointment?

You don’t give them your passport at all. You scan and upload every page (along with both sides of your BRP) before your appointment and also take the passport and BRP to the appointment for them to confirm your identity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2024, 07:29:53 PM »
amazing. Thank you, as per usual. shouldn't have too many more questions but if I do, I'll post here :)

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2024, 07:33:45 PM »

In the section about children, you have to include the following documents for each child living in the U.K.:
- birth certificate
- passport
- letter dated in the last 3 months confirming their address (I.e. from their school or GP)

sorry! Do i need all this for my stepdaughter as well? or just my biological?

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2024, 03:01:33 AM »
sorry! Do i need all this for my stepdaughter as well? or just my biological?
I believe you need it for any children in the UK that either of you have.

I know I’ve seen other people on the forum collecting the relevant documents/letters from their child’s other parent to show where they normally live.

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2024, 08:17:09 PM »
Thanks for everything Ksand! Just uploaded all my documents including a letter from my stepdaughter's mother and proof of address etc

I think I've done it! Biometrics appt on monday :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab