Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: E Visa  (Read 3330 times)

• Liked: 33
Re: E Visa
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2024, 02:09:28 PM »
My wife got the email about registering for an eVisa and we've just spent an hour going around in circles on the Gov website. I thought I would register by BRP card (you get a choice of BRP or Passport) but when using the UK Immigration: ID Check app to scan details, as well as front and back of the BRP card it asks to scan the chip, which isn't there. We try to scan the passport and do a selfie but then we land back on the Gov site asking us to sign in again and to again take photos. After about 6 tries we seemed to have locked ourselves out and have to try again tomorrow.

Do the latest BRP cards have an actual physical chip? There's none on the back and on the front above my wife's photo is an image of a chip. Is that it? Scanning around that part did not recognise anything.

M.

This is where I am. I have the stupid app on my phone, and then when it is time to scan the BRP chip, it does it part way and then tells me that no chip was detected. I tried it several times and it always starts to detect the chip and then it stops. Aargh!! So I logged back into the website and said that the app isn't working for me. It then helpfully tells me that I can confirm my identity at a later date and to keep using the plastic BRP. Had I known what a faff it was going to be with the BRP, I'd have used my passport instead. I also tried the help phone number but the lines are overwhelmed and it said to call back later and hung up.

Of course, it's all fine until 31 December but after that....

I think I'm going to go for citizenship and pray if I do the application asap, that will come thru before the BRP expires.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2024, 01:22:24 PM »
I was able to apply for my E-visa. I have a clear chip symbol on the front of my card.

Another question, when I logged into to my E-visa account it says,
--Settled
--There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK.

Does this mean I can stay in the UK as long as I want and not have to apply or renew anything till I apply for British Citizenship. Probably a silly question and plan on applying for my Citizenship sometime soon anyway, but just wanted to double check as my BRP card did have an expiration date. I have gotten so use to having to apply and renew things. Thanks.

• Liked: 347
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2024, 06:23:07 PM »
I was able to apply for my E-visa. I have a clear chip symbol on the front of my card.

Another question, when I logged into to my E-visa account it says,
--Settled
--There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK.

Does this mean I can stay in the UK as long as I want and not have to apply or renew anything till I apply for British Citizenship. Probably a silly question and plan on applying for my Citizenship sometime soon anyway, but just wanted to double check as my BRP card did have an expiration date. I have gotten so use to having to apply and renew things. Thanks.

It sounds like you have been granted ILR? Indefinite Leave to Remain is as it stated "There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK". It's a visa to Remain, but if you reside outside the UK for more than 2 years then it is lost.

You can remain on ILR if you want to, or apply for British Citizenship subject to you meeting the criteria. ILR was the end of your immigration route.

BRPs are being replaced by the e-visas, which is why there is a expiry date on your BRP.
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/report-problem

• Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2024, 07:41:02 PM »
Hi all,

Apologies for jumping in on this thread, but I think my query is relevant.

My BRP expires on Friday (eek!) and I don't think I've received an email about the e-Visa (I've checked my spam). Do I just wait or is there something that I should be doing? I've checked the .gov website and it's not very clear, except for the option of paying £154 if I leave the country (for a holiday) and want to reenter the UK.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated  :)

Many thanks,
Arica
August 2008: Met on Facebook
February 2009: Met face-to-face in London, UK
March 2009 - September 2011: Visits back and forth
January 30, 2012: Married in Vegas
March 19, 2012: Online Application Completed
March 22, 2012: Biometrics, Docs sent (priority)
March 23, 2012: E-mail stating reception of docs
March 26, 2012: VISA ISSUED! :D
May 14, 2012: MOVING TO SHEFFIELD!
March 17, 2014: Passed Life in the UK Test!
June 14, 2014: ILR Approved!

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2024, 11:05:13 PM »
Hi all,

Apologies for jumping in on this thread, but I think my query is relevant.

My BRP expires on Friday (eek!) and I don't think I've received an email about the e-Visa (I've checked my spam). Do I just wait or is there something that I should be doing? I've checked the .gov website and it's not very clear, except for the option of paying £154 if I leave the country (for a holiday) and want to reenter the UK.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated  :)

Many thanks,
Arica

You may have already seen it, but have a look here:

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/replace-expired-brp

And here:

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/prove-your-status-without-a-brp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2024, 09:41:04 AM »
Thank ksand - and nice to see that you're still around these forums after all these years.

So basically, I don't need to do anything unless I want to leave and re-enter the country, I have to pay £154.

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2024, 02:49:10 PM »
Finding this invisible chip is difficult. I've tried my expired BRP and my passport and used two different phones. I'm at a loss because I've got a job offer on the table and it could be retracted if I can't get this done!

Sponsored Links