Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: When will I get my emergency tax back?  (Read 1275 times)

• Liked: 3
When will I get my emergency tax back?
« on: May 23, 2005, 05:15:40 PM »
Hope someone can help me with this.

I got my residence visa in November and started working shortly thereafter.  Because I didn't have a P45 I was put on emergency tax, which if i understand, I'll receive a refund for all emergency tax on income i earned below my tax code (example my tax code for 04/05 turned out to be 484L so i should get back all taxes on income earned below £4840).

So when should I expect my refund?

• Liked: 8
Re: When will I get my emergency tax back?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 07:10:35 PM »
It depends on who you're working for -- some people have to "apply" for their money back and some people just get it included in their next paycheque.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which will happen -- probably best to ask your payroll department.

• Liked: 0
Re: When will I get my emergency tax back?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 10:04:36 PM »
I had a problem with getting mine back because when I started work, neither my employer [nor I] had completed a 'Welcome to the UK' form for me. Therefore although my employer was taking out taxes, they had no way to associate the amount I'd paid with me even though I was using the temp NIN provided. I had to apply in May 2005 with this form and my P60 for 2004 tax year to get a cheque for the overpayment from 2004. The amount I'd begun overpaying in 2005 was adjusted into my pay once they'd gotten me on the correct tax code.

I'm still waiting on the cheque for 2004.  :)

Sponsored Links