Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anyone on AOL Broadband?  (Read 1010 times)

• Liked: 0
Anyone on AOL Broadband?
« on: August 22, 2005, 02:23:13 PM »
First the bad news,the members free helpline is stopping soon.Now the good news,if you call and ask about your contract,they offer a discount for existing members,Silver is £15,99,Gold is £19,99,and Platignum £24,99.

Dave

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.
Ernest Benn

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: Anyone on AOL Broadband?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 02:25:16 PM »
I have Silver right now and am paying £17.99. How do I get it lowered to £15.99? That sounds like a good deal! It's a pity about the free helpline, but I think I've probably used it twice in the 12 years I've had AOL. Do I just have to call up to get the lower rate? Where did you read this?
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 02:27:02 PM »
I asked Rich about switching, but he said they used it at work once and it was not very good.  Hung up a lot too many problems.  anyone else think so?

• Snaps
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 02:28:36 PM »
I asked Rich about switching, but he said they used it at work once and it was not very good.  Hung up a lot too many problems.  anyone else think so?

I've had no problems. My computer itself needs some reformatting, but that's my fault. AOL Broadband has been brilliant!

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 02:29:25 PM »
I wonder what he was talking about then!  Hmmm.

• Snaps
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 02:30:24 PM »
Not sure. Guy was having problems with his disconnecting all the time, but it turned out to be a problem with the BT line at his house.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 02:55:22 PM »
I have Silver right now and am paying £17.99. How do I get it lowered to £15.99? That sounds like a good deal! It's a pity about the free helpline, but I think I've probably used it twice in the 12 years I've had AOL. Do I just have to call up to get the lower rate? Where did you read this?

Pure luck,My son was on to me to try another ISP although I prefer AOL (basically it the only one whose e-mail system I have no problems with LOL).
Anyway I called them to ask how much longer I had on my contract,telling them I was thinking of switching,and a lovely Irish lady told me of the specials,give it a try.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.
Ernest Benn

Sponsored Links