Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Going to ER without passport?  (Read 1091 times)

• Liked: 1
Going to ER without passport?
« on: March 02, 2006, 12:38:30 AM »
has anyone had to go to the emergency room while their passport was in the hands of the home office waiting for FLR?  i haven't registered with my local dr. quite yet.....but even if i had, isn't the emergency room a bit different? 

i'm sure they won't turn me away should i have to go....but i'm wondering if i will end up having to pay...  [smiley=sick.gif]

Re: Going to ER without passport?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 12:52:59 AM »
They won't turn you away & you won't have to pay
I had to go when I was on my fiance visa & they didn't even ask for any id

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 09:03:54 AM »
I went when I was only here visiting.  I didn't have to show them any ID, nor would they accept any kind of payment from me.
Bored

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 10:50:19 AM »
i went to the er here b/f i had a GP.  didn't ask to see my passport.  i did have a uk address to put on the forms though.
If you harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 10:32:13 PM »
My friends who visited us in November went because he had left his insulin at home.   ::)  He saw a doctor, got a new prescription, took it to Boots, and got it filled - all without any cost to him.  He did have to give our UK address since he was staying with us but that was it.  Amazing!  I kept thinking it's my tax pounds/NI contributions that are paying for his forgetfulness... >:(

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 12:46:09 AM »
I had to visit the emergency room our second night here!   :P  Packed a pot, a spoon, and a brand new knife to cook with while waiting for our moving truck to arrive.  The new knife was a little too sharp and I almost lost the tip of my finger.  We got to meet our new neighbors by saying, "Hi!  Nice to meet you!  Where's the nearest hospital?"  Needless to say, I was not registered with a GP yet, could barely remember my new address, and didn't think to bring along my passport.  It was no problem at all, they didn't even care that I didn't know my address or postal code. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab