Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Insurance commercials (adverts)....  (Read 1051 times)

• Liked: 1
Insurance commercials (adverts)....
« on: January 28, 2006, 05:18:54 PM »
is it me...or has anyone noticed there is an unbelievable amount of commercials in the UK for insurance?  i was beginning to notice this a little bit..but then the topper came....

while watching TV one day, i saw a commercial for insurance for women....in case you get cancer!!  i couldn't believe it!!  are cancers that mainly effect woman more common in this country that in other countries? i know insurance is supposed to be a CYA type of thing...but if you're going to offer that kind of insurance, why not offer insurance in case someone dies of old age, in case someone might die of heart disease, in case someone breaks a freakin' finger nail and their whole hand falls off...  it's kinda ridiculous.  insurance in case you get cancer??? i just don't get it.  i suppose i could understand purchasing this type of insurance if it runs in the family....but are there actually everyday type of people that call them up and say "um...yes....i would like to insure my breasts and uterus please.  and how much would that be each month?  and what is the charge if i have had a hysterecomy?  do i pay half price?"

someone wanna help me out on this one?  or has anyone else seen this commercial...??

Re: Insurance commercials (adverts)....
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 06:15:22 PM »
I havent seen the advert, but today's Guardian (in the magazine) has a story about the people who work in the call centre for this company...

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 06:23:30 PM »
oh man....what did the article say?  i tried to go to the guardian website...but  it looks like i would have to pay to read anything in the issue.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 06:26:11 PM »
I only skimmed it... it was mainly about how people in call centres (which do cold-calling) are treated like sh*t by the people they call, and why do people think they have the right to do that?   A lot of it was about the morale in the call centre, and stuff like that.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 06:34:38 PM »
aaahhhh....gotcha.  it is a shame that they get treated like sh*t by the people that actually answer the phone....but it's par for the course.  when so many of them call....it too much.  speaking of telesales....is there a "do not call" list here in the UK that people can add their number to?  i know there is one in the US.....

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 07:20:32 PM »
speaking of telesales....is there a "do not call" list here in the UK that people can add their number to?  i know there is one in the US.....

There is and I think I got it from somewhere on UKY. Not sure what you'd search under, but I'm pretty sure I found out about it here. Now I very rarely get those sales calls!  :)
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 07:52:11 PM »
I think this is it: 

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 10:26:58 AM »
The cancer insurance is a new thing. There is a lot of controversy about it in the news.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab