Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Chicago Town Pizza  (Read 2165 times)

• Liked: 0
Chicago Town Pizza
« on: February 19, 2003, 09:35:12 PM »
Have any of you seen the commercials over here in England for "Chicago town pizza?"  
I've seen the pizza's at Iceland, but havn't tried them yet.  The commercials claim that "Chicago town pizza" is the largest selling frozen pizza in America :o.  I've never heard of chicago town pizza in the U.S. ??? , ....just curious if any of you remember ever hearing of chicago town pizza back in the states?    

I'm gonna give em try one of these days, just havn't picked em up yet.

• NYState_of_Mind
  • FAMILIE, GOD & VADERLAND! Zonder de een heb je niet de anderen!!

• Never forget what it MEANS to be an AMERICAN...
    • Uncover Fahrenheit for what it is
Re: Chicago Town Pizza
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 09:42:09 PM »
NEVA!!!!  Real pizza lovers eat REAL pizza not frozen and definitely not Dominos - euuwwww  ;)  ( [smiley=thinking.gif]Which reminds me that's the first thing I am going to eat when I fly back on the 11th...  A good slice perhaps two from NYC!!)  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last."Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting." 02.08.03, Gen. Schwarzkoph It's the SILENT MAJORITY that COUNTS not the LOUD MINORITY that CONSTANTLY WINES! http://www.leftnuts.com/images/fu_marines1.jpg
www.protestwarrior.com Proud Member of the V.R.W.C.

• Liked: 25
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2003, 12:48:25 PM »
Have any of you seen the commercials over here in England for "Chicago town pizza?"  
I've seen the pizza's at Iceland, but havn't tried them yet.  The commercials claim that "Chicago town pizza" is the largest selling frozen pizza in America :o.  I've never heard of chicago town pizza in the U.S. ??? , ....just curious if any of you remember ever hearing of chicago town pizza back in the states?    

I'm gonna give em try one of these days, just havn't picked em up yet.

I see them, and everytime I hear it, I have to stronly reply to the tv that it's NOT America's best selling pizza. I often wondered if it got on anyone else's nerves too, lol. ::)

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2003, 08:26:08 PM »

I see them, and everytime I hear it, I have to stronly reply to the tv that it's NOT America's best selling pizza. I often wondered if it got on anyone else's nerves too, lol. ::)

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]Glad to hear I'm not the only one that talks back to the when that commercial comes on. [smiley=furious3.gif]

• Liked: 25
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2003, 10:23:24 AM »
I just did some research to find out about this unknown pizza, and it happens that this is a product of Schwans Europe. Remember the home delivery Schwan's with the frozen foods and desserts? It's theirs.  :o So in truth, it could be a big selling pizza, we wouldn't have known because it's not sold in stores in the US.

http://www.lancashirewest.org.uk/casestudies/scwans.htm

Knowing it's theirs, I'd be ready to try it. :) Their products were always great.

Edit: BTW, beware trying products that try to imitate American style foods, some of them are absolutely vile. If it's not packaged like we'd normally see, ie. hot dogs in a can, then it's a big no-no.  [smiley=bleck.gif]
« Last Edit: February 21, 2003, 10:27:34 AM by admin »

• NYState_of_Mind
  • FAMILIE, GOD & VADERLAND! Zonder de een heb je niet de anderen!!

• Never forget what it MEANS to be an AMERICAN...
    • Uncover Fahrenheit for what it is
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2003, 11:49:22 AM »
;D ;D ;D

[smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif]

[smiley=laugh3.gif] [smiley=laugh3.gif] [smiley=laugh3.gif] [smiley=laugh3.gif] [smiley=laugh3.gif] [smiley=laugh3.gif] [smiley=laugh3.gif]
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last."Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting." 02.08.03, Gen. Schwarzkoph It's the SILENT MAJORITY that COUNTS not the LOUD MINORITY that CONSTANTLY WINES! http://www.leftnuts.com/images/fu_marines1.jpg
www.protestwarrior.com Proud Member of the V.R.W.C.

• having one of those days...
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2003, 11:02:35 PM »
If it's not packaged like we'd normally see, ie. hot dogs in a can, then it's a big no-no.  [smiley=bleck.gif]

LOL!!  i am also veeeery wary of anything that says 'american-style.'  

as for pizza, i don't get the frozen ones if i can help it, although hubby likes them. i want to try perfect pizza because i've heard they're now part of papa john's.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
--Douglas Adams

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2003, 07:36:40 PM »
I just did some research to find out about this unknown pizza, and it happens that this is a product of Schwans Europe. Remember the home delivery Schwan's with the frozen foods and desserts? It's theirs.  :o So in truth, it could be a big selling pizza, we wouldn't have known because it's not sold in stores in the US.

http://www.lancashirewest.org.uk/casestudies/scwans.htm

Knowing it's theirs, I'd be ready to try it. :) Their products were always great.

Ahh I see....chicago town pizza is part of schwans.  Yes I remember schwans quite well...we used to get it delivered to my house...my mom still gets delivery's every now and then.
Islandgirl...I've had perfect pizza before and i would have to say it's good!  
At the time i ordered it I didn't know thta they were connected with Papa Johns, but I've since heard that.

The choice of pizza flavors to choose from over here are wild...I have to say that i wouldn't of ever thought that corn would taste good on pizza, but i now have a different opinion on that, corn on pizza is great![smiley=mad.gif]

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2003, 04:07:43 PM »
Arghhhhhh!
I am SO glad that someone brought this up!!!!!

I ALWAYS am yelling at this commercial!!!  Plus, what is UP with that annoying guy dressed like a bell-hop?  Is he supposed to be American??  A Chicagoan??

Frozen Pizzas here SUCK!  We get Goodfellas and their Garlic Chicken Fusion is alright, but there is Wayyyyyy too much tomato sauce and too little cheese!

On the note of "American Style" foods, we have tried two:
-Chicago Style Ribs
-American Style Hotdogs (in the package like at home...NOT in jars or cans---YUCK!!)

And I must say that although (I'm from Chicago) they aren't exactly like home, atleast they are a little bit like home and they don't make me gag!  Actually, the ribs were pretty good, but they needed a lot more sauce!

We did find a small store in Oxford that sells American products (although they are very high in price).  It is called Palm's Delicatessen and is in the Covered Market.  They had cake mixes, cookie mixes, peanut butter, pumpkin pie mix, and loads of other American goodies!  Also, here in Winchester there is a store which sells strange little gadgets (can't remember the name at the moment) and they are now selling American candy!  Reeses, Baby Ruth, Butterfinger!!!!  Yummmmmm!!!!!

:)

Sponsored Links