Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: fiance visa email?  (Read 639 times)

• Liked: 0
fiance visa email?
« on: September 14, 2008, 04:59:07 PM »
Hello,

This is my first post here.  I have to say thanks to all who have contributed to this forum, its been extremely beneficial on finding information.  Everyone who has shared input seems so helpful and very kind. 

I am a US citizen who has applied for the fiance visa to the UK. Through my research I’ve gathered that there is an estimated processing time of 20 days.  But usually in this instance I've noticed the applicants have received a conformation email saying that their application & documents have been received.  I mailed my application, biometric receipt and documents to the Chicago office.  After tracking I see that they were received on the 29th of August.  I have heard nothing, is this normal?  Should I receive an email stating that my application has been submitted or will I just receive the approved or denial email? 

Thanks for any input you can give!

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
Re: fiance visa email?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 08:42:31 PM »
~Don't worry, some receive emails, others don't. You might not hear anything until the visa shows up on your doorstep.
Good Luck we know waiting is the hardest part of the process!

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 09:40:55 PM »
hey hg,

thanks so much for the response.  i'll keep patient and hope for the best....

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 01:23:20 AM »
Have you received an email yet? Curious since I applied on Aug. 15 to the New York Consulate and I have not received one.

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 12:16:09 AM »
hey rmovitz,

sorry im just seeing this now.  yes i did get an email on the 19th saying that they received the application.  it stated it should take 3 days and if deemed non straight forward it could take up to 10 days to be processed.  now im just waiting to hear if its approved.

if all the appropriate documents are submitted are there many cases that are refused?  it seems that most cases on this forum are successful.  that helps me from going crazy at the moment  :)

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 10:52:49 AM »
me too... They received my application 09/08 (LA). then i got an email 09/18 sayin 12 weeks processing time...until now im waiting for any phone call or email. most of the people here received that "12 weeks email" few days later they got a call and got their visa next day.

Hope to get my visa soon! :-\\\\.. same with all the people here!

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 11:49:31 PM »
well i just got the call today.  they have approved my visa and will be stamping it for monday!

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 04:43:48 AM »
Congrats Souldier!!   ;D
11 Aug 00 - Married (Living in US)
25 Jul 08 - Spousal Visa w/ KOL Stamp Approved
01 Oct 08 - Arrived in the UK
05 Mar 09 - ILR Approved (In Person Appointment ~ Liverpool Office)

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 08:50:30 AM »
congrats!! im happy for you!!

but... im still waiting for mine. I really hope to receive any email or phone call soon.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab