Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: applying for FLR(M) after entering on a fiance visa  (Read 443 times)

• Liked: 0
applying for FLR(M) after entering on a fiance visa
« on: September 28, 2008, 06:19:28 PM »
Hi all,
I entered the UK in June on a fiance visa, was married in August, and am gathering everything to make the FLR(M) application. I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I've searched a bit and can't find anything cut and dried.

What sort of cover letter and/or letter of support is required for the application? I don't have any "issues" with my app - we have all the required documentation and savings, etc. so there's no extenuating circumstances to explain in a cover letter. Should the letter of support, if one is needed, say basically the same thing our fiance visa letter said ("I support this app, here's our relationship history, where we're staying, our employment info, etc.)?

Do I need to include proof of contact, like photos, correspondence? How about a letter from my husband's job -- or are payslips sufficient? Do I need to include his P60?

We really erred on the side of caution with the fiance visa in terms of including documents; I'm just worried that I'll leave something out with this one. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
Re: applying for FLR(M) after entering on a fiance visa
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 06:37:34 PM »
Here's what I included in my FLR(M) documentation:

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=38586.0

You don't need a cover letter or photos, proof of relationship stuff (other than your marriage certificate of course!)--that was what the fiance visa was for you've already proved all of that.  Don't go overboard, I'm pretty sure that just confuses things and annoys the person sorting through your stuff.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 06:41:35 PM by Andee »
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

Sponsored Links