Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for my first British passport  (Read 428 times)

Applying for my first British passport
« on: October 06, 2008, 08:08:03 PM »
Has anyone applied for an adult British passport recently (since the interviews were introduced)?  I'm just wondering how long I can expect the process to take and what the common problems are.  I've heard a few horror stories of people having their applications rejected multiple times, and I'm worried it's going to take me months to get a passport.  I have to renew my US passport by January, so I want to have it back in plenty of time. 

Re: Applying for my first British passport
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 09:40:09 PM »
We did the UK passport for our daughter in July, and got it back in 10 days. I highly suggest use the 'check and send' service through the post office. Costs an extra £7 but worth it!

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 10:14:50 PM »
I applied for mine recently using the check and send service at the post office. It was very straightforward and if I remember right the entire process (including interview) took only a few weeks, if that. I had the interview on a Wednesday and received the passport two days later. Unless there are some potential problems that you know about already, it should be fine.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 09:52:19 AM »
not me, but our best man in our wedding just applied for his first British passport a few weeks ago.  Apparently he sent it in, waited a couple of weeks for an interview, and his passport arrived about 2 days after the interview (last week in fact, which was a huge relief for us since he can now actually travel to our wedding next week!)
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab