Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: letter size issue  (Read 587 times)

• Liked: 0
letter size issue
« on: October 03, 2008, 05:14:19 PM »
ok, a stupid question, how do I deal with non-standard document sizes? I've got nice looking diploma from my university, however it's huge - 14"x17" and it was sent to me in a mailing tube. I don't want to fold it and I don't think mailing it separately is a good idea. I certainly can find a large size envelope to fit the diploma in but the question is how are they going to send it back to me? I'm not very familiar with various mailing options so may be there is an easy solution?

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: letter size issue
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 06:01:30 PM »
What application are you making?  Do you need to send it?

Vicky

• TV geek for hire
    • Mclevey Art
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 06:35:54 PM »
As far as I'm aware, the diploma is more of a ceremonial thing. The proof of your degree/completion of a program is a transcript.

You can get the transcript from your university for nothing or next to nothing, and it will come in a sealed and signed envelope (usually).

That's what I included in my visa application.
Another shameless promotion for www.mclevey.com, the best place on the internet to buy art.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 06:50:00 PM »
Jen - PapaGus is applying for the Tier 1.  The rule sare TOTALLY different, and they will not accept the transcript instead of the certificate.

Vicky

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 07:29:44 PM »
yes, I'm applying for Tier 1. I think I'll just drop it off with a courier in Chicago so that they hand deliver it to and from the consulate, then the size shouldn't be an issue.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 07:31:23 PM by PapaGus »

Sponsored Links