Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Made biometrics appt. Just a few questions on it...  (Read 429 times)

• Liked: 0
Made biometrics appt. Just a few questions on it...
« on: October 07, 2008, 04:31:13 PM »
So! I previously had posted stating I didn't know whether to bring/ship all supporting documents before the appointment or what and the only thing I need for the appointment is a passport and appointment booking confirmation.

BUT now I need to know what to say when I get there. When I had filled out my visa application , it asked where I would be staying. I'm going to be over there a little under 6 months as a student visitor and its up to me to find board.

So I am staying at a B&B hostel type thing for the first two weeks and then during that time at the B&B I had planned on finding a flat because lets face it, if I don't see a flat before hand/meet the managment company, I'm not going to give out money... especially to somebody in another country who I don't even know. Should I just tell them this or what? It's extremely difficult to have a secured flat in a country I've yet to go to... and in worse case senario, I just add on a few extra nights at the B&B if need be...

• My Blog
  • Liked: 1
Re: Made biometrics appt. Just a few questions on it...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 04:47:57 PM »
Biometrics appointments aren't interviews for your visa. They're only there to take your fingerprints and photograph. I was never asked at my biometrics appointment where I would be staying.

Also, you can't send your documents until AFTER you have had your appointment because you need to get your biometrics confirmation stamped that you were there and you need to send that along with your passport and supporting documents.
23 Jan 06 - Met Online
17 Jul 07 - ENGAGED!!! :-D
30 Jun 08 - Applied for Fiance Visa
22 Jul 08 - Received Visa
01 Aug 08 - Arrived in UK!
01 Nov 08 - MARRIED!!!
03 Nov 08 - In-person FLR(M) - GRANTED!!

19 Dec 09 - 1st son born :)

02 Oct 10 - KOL Passed
26 Oct 10 - ILR app (posted Special Delivery)
27 Oct 10 - online tracking confirmed delivery
30 Oct 10 - Confirmation via post
15 Nov 10 - ILR granted/documents returned!!!

05 Nov 13 - 1st daughter born :)

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 04:54:05 PM »
when I went in for my biometrics they took the paper I printed out and was told to take with me to the appointment and my passport, they finger printed me and took my pix then stamped the paper and that was it.
7/28/08 - Online Visa App. Completed [smiley=computer.gif]
8/20/08 - Biometric Apt. (Sup. Docs Mailed)  [smiley=smug2.gif]
8/25/08 - LA Consulate, App. & Docs Received  ;D
9/04/08 - 2 Emails: 5 & 10 days wait notice  [smiley=confused.gif]
9/18/08 - 1 Email: 12 weeks wait notice  [smiley=puke.gif]
9/21/08 - Consulate phoned to ask departure (said Oct. 24th) [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
9/22/08 - @8:51AM VISA APPROVED OMG!!! [smiley=hug.gif]
10/25/08 Land in England!!![smiley=laugh4.gif] )
1/03/09 - Tentative wedding date

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 05:44:29 PM »
Info on what to bring, what not to bring here

http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/biometrics/

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 05:54:47 PM »
The biometrics appointment is the easiest part of the process.  They won't ask you anything, in fact they don't even know anything at all.  You just hand them a your appointment confirmation they hand you a number, then they take your picture and fingerprints, stamp your paper and say have a nice day.  So don't worry about it your nothing but a number this time  ;)  And that's why you can't send away your application before the appointment, they need to see that stamp

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab